style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4902 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i'm hoping someone can give me some advice. I was given notice to quit my rented house in june, having a 3 day old baby at the time we found a new house asap and was able to give our months notice before theres came into effect. We had a pre move out inspection and nothing was mentioned. We move out and they find 285 worth of alleged damage. 56 of which is on a new toilet seat as the white one we put in wasnt the right white one???? We disputed the amunt with the dps and got our evidence form. The reason on it was poor so i requested all the landlords evidence. We got it and sent our form back on the 1st Oct, i got an email on the 15th (11 days after the deadline) telling me they hadnt received my form in time and had paid out to the landlord. I emailed a complaint explaning i had sent form back etc. They replied telling me they gotit on the 13th and it was tough basically. Is there anything else i can do? I am really angry that either royal mail or dps has lost form and im not at a financial loss that i really can't afford. Any suggestions would be great.

If the DPS wont help, then you would resort to the old fashioned methods - i.e. sue the landlord.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!