D&G Insurance Policy Issues-advice required pls?

Magicaa

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3926 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Brief Summary: purchased Gaggia coffee machine 18 months a (retail price is £1200, we paid £950). Machine stopped working and was collected on Aug 12th. After emailing with no response we finally found out last week that fault cannot be fixed as no parts available due to Gaggia going bust earlier in the year. Insurance policy states that they will repair, or supply comparable machine (if under 2 yrs) or give vouchers. We have now received a letter saying they are offering us £700 in vouchers but only to be used at Comet. Obviously this amount will not allow us to buy a comparable machine even though they do have a comparable Delonghi on their site for£1020! I believe we are being short changed and the contract we took out with them is being breached (because the machine is under 2 yrs old!). I would welcome advice/views as to whether my beliefs are valid and therefore whether I can challenge their offer pls????

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Do you know what is wrong with it and which part will put it right ?

If so, go have a look here - http://www.watermark.uk.com/spare-parts - to see if that part is available and then you can pass this on to Comet and insist on a full repair.

Insurance policy states that they will repair, or supply comparable machine (if under 2 yrs) or give vouchers.

If it doesn't say "whichever is the cheaper", then you should not let this rest.