qucik question

labrat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4896 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i kinow most of the rules regarding pcworld

however whats the policy for write offs on poor repair history

laptops now gone in for its third mbd and to be fair i dont think its going to get fixed

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

hi, what support package do you have? usually its 3 repairs + 1 (request) and this is usually granted, 3 mobos is crap in 1 year but if it fails again then it might be worth demanding for replacment. as its cost affective for the copmany to keep repairing and causing you hasle for sending it away etc.

well its the generic coverplan

first repair mid september new mbd and other vaious parts

2nd repair went back same day arrived back new fan heastsink + mbd

3rd repair just gone off today (hopefully) no post so assuming mbd again

likely to be 4th repair as they tend to use repaired mbds instead of new :mad2:

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Coverplan will do as it says in the policy "unlimited repairs" unless its beyond economical repair.

If its had 3 repairs in the space of such a short time, book it for repair, then wait a few days then call them back up and ask for a write off. Thats the way its usually done, if you book it for a write off it simply be fixed and sent back.

So book it again, then call in a few days once its at the work shop and put your write off request in.

Chris

Tech Guys

called up been told theres no such thing as a poor service history write off and that i must wait a minimum of 42 days before anything can be done

can see how they got on watchdog now

Please note:

spoke to someone a little more helpful than last one, now informed if it goes over 4 repairs in 12 months it should go for poor history write off

Please note:

Good job labrat you do what I do, if I get through to someone that is obviously unhelpful I just hang up and redial, every company has useless staff and the trick is not to waste your time on them. I even offer to send them a copy of the recording of the call.

With the Watchdog story I thought people coming round to peoples houses doing work and turning round saying they are not qualified is a bit daft. However I am surprised they ran the story about the lady that lost pictures of her grand kids because the computer went faulty. How is the data on your computer the responsibility of a retailer :!:

ok now this is really doing my head in

laptop collected 20th of september - start of 6 weeks rule

returned 6th october

sent back again the 7th october

receaved back in store 12th october they tried to contact us but couldnt

i rang the store 14th october to get an update and was told is in store so collected

19th october went faulty again so booked in via store

still on going

rang up for a write off today was told no the reason being that they say theres a gap of more than 7 days

they have listed the repairs as

20th sep - 6th october

7th october - 11th october

21st october - ongoing

the problem is that they have got the dates down wrong it should be

20th sep - 6th oct

7th oct - 12/14 oct (date in store/date picked up)

19th october (rebooked date) - ongoing

the problem im having and to put it politely is the sheer stuborn headness and inpoliteness of the call center

dispite trying to explain that the previous person had got the dates wrong when they said no the call center person i spoke to ignored me, talked over me, stated that it wasnt there job to check dates as the previous person had already done this dispite having this explained to them by both me and the store

im on the verge of calling in trading standards as theyve told me i must now wait another 6 weeks from the 21st october at which point the laptop will have been away for around 13 weeks in total.

im sure this is incorrect somewhere and i must admit i got quite shirty with the lass (without swearing) and pointed out that no-where in the terms and conditions i signed was this part about no gaps of a week or more and that it didnt apply as i didnt have a gap of over a week, at this point she stated that this was my problem not theres and i hung up

Please note:

how does this sound

Dear sir or madam

i wish to complain about your lack of service over my account and the poor service offered by your call center representives

on the 20th of september my laptop (advent k6000) was collected by your repair services, the repair seemed to go well until we receaved the laptop back on the 6th of october at this point we realised that the fan wasnt working and that the unit rapidly over heated causing it to turn off

at this point we arranged a pickup via the store on the 7th of october this was repaired and returned to the store on the 12th of october however when the store tried to contact us they could not get hold of us and therefore the laptop wasnt collected from store untill around the 14th when i rang the store to get an update on the repair

we took the laptop home and used it as normal until it again failed on the 19th of october at this point we took it into store again and they booked it for collection

being aware of the 6 week limit for repairs we rang up on the 31st of october as it was still in repair and requested a write off this was refused as there had been a gap of more than a week in the repairs, we were unhappy with this but left off the call at this point to check on dates

looking down these dates we noticed that the staff had not used the correct dates in their working out on ringing up to correct these i spoke to what may have been the most un-helpful person in your services who stated that it wasnt her job to re-check the dates as the previous person had already done it, while trying to explain that the previous person had used incorrect dates i was talked over, interupted and generally informed that this was not her issue.

at this point i was informed that i would have to wait at least a further 6 weeks from the 21st of october, at this point my laptop will have been with yourselves for a total of around 13 weeks

What we require is our coverplan honouring and the terms and agreements that we signed sticking to, we have re-read these and no where in these does it state this rule over gaps

Please note:

spoke to someone else at the call center its had a request put in so i dont need the letter

might still make a complaint about the other lass tho

Please note:

• 2 weeks later...

yet another update

request was refused as they sent the laptop back before it went through (dispite being over 6 weeks)

got it back windows not activated, cant activate it as someones put on a windows business COA rather than the vista home prem COA it had on before

resent with another write off request...

if it gets refused again im going trading standerds

Please note:

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

Have you tried getting someone to call the medics in store and getting them to sort it. They can push issues through, when speaking to customer service, they're normally just emailing someone else, where the medics will deal with it hands on.

May resolve this issue quicker. By time letters are wrote, i think you'll have vouchers or the laptop back.

Chris

TG

will get it kicked up to them at this rate

post back as soon as an update

Please note:

• 2 weeks later...

light of day has been seen - laptops been written off just had a call

Please note:

bonus points just been into the store vouchers were set at 479.99

not going to complain the last laptop cost £300

new ones about 10x the spec

Please note: