OOT Stat Declaration refused, should I file n244?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4935 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Hopefully somebody can give me some advice....I received an order for recovery from Tower Hamlets Council for a PCN that I didn't receive. I sent a statutory declaration to this effect. The next I heard was a bailiff's letter. I then rung Northampton County Court and they said they had sent me a letter explaining that my declaration was out of time - I never received this. I then sent an OOT Statutory declaration PE2 and PE3 form on their advice. A couple of weeks later a Bailiff knocked on my door and said I now owed £700!! I immediately sent another OOT statutory declaration that today has come back refused. It mentions that I can file a n244 form, but wanted to know whether the above will stand up in court? I don't want to find myself even further out of pocket if I lose the appeal. PLEASE help on what you think I should do next.

Thanks in advance for your help.

When making an Out of Time you have to provide a reason why you are completing a Statutory Declaration LATE . This is normally because it was not until such time as you received a bailiff that you were made aware that you had a PCN and that from enquiries made, documents had been sent to an old address etc.

There are 4 reasons that you can give and without knowing what you put on the form it is very difficult to advise.

Can you be more specific?

Do you still have a car and if so, what is it worth and is it on finance?

Did you pay a bailiff ?

Thanks for your reply.

I haven't paid the Bailiff, I still have a car and it's worth about £2.5k.

The original statutory declaration that I sent was apparently just outside the time limit. Nothampton received this, and sent a notification back asking me to fill in an OOT. I never received this letter. The next I heard I had a letter from the bailiffs. Pannicking, I rung the county court and was advised of the above and that I would need to fill another pe2 and pe3 form in. I sent this off, but got an actual visit from the bailiff claiming the court hadn't received it. I obviously double checked and they hadn't! I immediately sent another (this time recorded delivery) but it was refused. The correspondence had an email attached that Tower Hamlets had sent, stating they wouldn't accept. Now I don't know what else to do apart from this n244.

Hope this is more specific, but please let me know if you need any more details.

Thanks

When making an Out of Time you have to provide a reason why you are completing a Statutory Declaration LATE . This is normally because it was not until such time as you received a bailiff that you were made aware that you had a PCN and that from enquiries made, documents had been sent to an old address etc.

There are 4 reasons that you can give and without knowing what you put on the form it is very difficult to advise.

Can you be more specific?

Do you still have a car and if so, what is it worth and is it on finance?

Did you pay a bailiff ?

On what grounds did you file the Out of Time Application and what reason did you give for it being late?

I filed the OOT because my first stat dec was apparently just past the 28 or 30 days for appeal. They said they wrote to me informing me of this, but I never received the letter, hence the visit from the bailiffs.

My stated reason was that I had no idea that the very first one I sent was actually past the deadline, as I didn't receive their notice.

Thanks