Citroen not honouring service package

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3621 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Can anyone give me some advice? I recently purchased a new Citroen C1 and the Citroen garage I bought it from have telephoned me 6 months after to say that they cannot honour the 3 year servicing package that I paid for. I asked why and they say that Citroen will not honour it (that's all they will say). I think I was mis-sold this and that the offer was for some other vehicles that Citroen were selling at the time and not for mine. They have offered to honour 2 years of servicing but I have to have it done at their garage. I am concerned as 1) I should have 3 years of servicing and 2) If they go bust then I won't be able to get it done anywhere else. What do you think?

If they cannot agree to the arrangement, then your ultimate sanction is to withdraw if you feel you are being disadvantaged. However, don;t shoot yourself in the foot, if by rejecting it, you leave yourself liable for higher costs. What you should have depends on your agreement, most packages are garage-based anyway with only warranty claims being met by the manufacturer. With most cars only needing 1 service every 12 months, (sometimes even 18 months) the 'deal' sounds better than it really is.

What I think has happened is that they should have charged £449 for the service package on the car she bought rather than £199. I think that they had offeres on other cars at £199 at the time and the salesman has made an error. She doesn't want to get the money back, she just wants what she has paid for.

Thanks to those of you who have replied so far.

I don't like companies who try to rip off people and I think they are in this case.

The C1 is that small car, isn't it? £449 is one heck of a price for 3 services over 3 years... For £199, that would be just within the bounds of reason, for a prepayment £66 seems to be about right (when compared to the £85 other garages seems to be charging for a basic service. I agree £150 per service is a rip off, so to challenge them ask what the cost is of a basic service NOT under the scheme.