Charging order removed

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3627 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

can anyone advise me how i can get a charging order removed from my property which is affecting the current sale of my home, the debt goes back to 2000, i didnt even know i had a charging order until i come to sell my property, it was originally with alliance and leicester, i ontact them and they say they no longer have the debt, as its that old, but the charging order is still therwe in the name of alliance and leicester my solicitor has tried and tried to get some communication to try and pay it off or for them to say there is no debt outstanding, we just cannot get any help at all, am going to lose my buyer on 8th nov if this isnt taken off the land registry can anyone advise if i can get the court to remove this if the debt no longer exists, i need help immediately thanks in advance x

speak to the land register, the form to use will be RX3, the charge should have neen removed when you settled with the creditor.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

If you pay off the amount you owe under the charging order or the debt no longer shows, you can apply to the court for the order to be discharged. Ask the court for a certificate of satisfaction on your county court judgment and include evidence of payment. It is usual for creditors to inform the Land Registry that the interim and final charging order have been removed.

For details of the District Land Registry that covers your area contact:

Land Registry Headquarters.

32 Lincoln's Inn Fields

London

WC2A 3PH

Tel No: 020 7917 8888

www.landreg.gov.uk

You can also check details of charges on property on the Land Registry website www.landregisteronline.gov.uk. The creditor may say there is interest on the county court judgment which is still outstanding. If the creditor disagrees that you have paid the charging order in full.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for your response, but that just the trouble i have tried paying it off and the alliance and leicester who put the originalk charging order on, advise me there is nothing outstanding for the debt, as they no longer have a balance showing, it is nil, yet my charging order is still there, so for the love of money i would love to pay it, but theres nothing to pay, any ideas?? thanks in advance

Produce evidence of a nil balance then as i have stated above ask the Court for a certificate of satisfaction.

Request your creditor to then contact the Land Registry and CRAs to remove the CO on your file.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

thanks in advance for the response, I have collected a statement showing a nil balance on the loan account, but for the love of money get anyone to sort this within allaince and leicester, that is why i was wondering if i can do this myself, as my buyer is pullung out on 8th nov, after waiting 3 months to sign contracts, and ive tried everything up to know, your help is most gratful thank you

Have you spoke to your area land register, when I had mine removed, they advised me to fill out form RX3 and submit evidence why the charge should be removed.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.