Dan Majid

WhateverHappens policy in relation to iPod repair?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3583 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, I was wondering if someone here could help me out on the following issue:

I purchased an iPod Touch from Currys back in 2008 and foolishly took out the 3 year WhateverHappens warranty with it for a fee of around £60.

I took my iPod on holiday this year and unfortunately it did not come back intact, lots of accidental damage took place. On the 13th of September I took my iPod into the Newcastle branch of Currys and it was sent away for repair. 21 days later and there was no response from the store or coverplan, I presumed this means it would be written off and I would be given vouchers for a new product as is the case with the policy which I know very well having worked at Currys for 3 years up until 2009.

On the 18th of October I went into branch to demand answers on this problem, somebody from Customer Service in the store rings up and says there has been trouble with repair...now by this stage it has been 5 WEEKS since the product went away for repair and under the 21 day policy I am well within my rights to ask for the product to be written off and be given vouchers for a new one yes?

I'm told that the problem will be sorted and I'll be given vouchers in the next ten days, followed by a generic apology of shoddy customer service from the store manager.

To my surprise I get a phonecall today from Coverplan to tell me that my iPod is nearly repaired and ready to collect from branch in a few days time...this is everything the policy stands for surely?

They can't take the best part of 5 weeks to repair my product and send it back can they? The very unhelpful and clueless woman on the phone tells me there is nothing they can do and I have to go collect my iPod from store in a few days and says thats the end of the matter.

What can I do to make sure that the policy is adhered to and not be forced into just accpeting the fact they have taken 5 weeks to repair my iPod? Is there any action I can take?

Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan Majid.

Hi, Sorry your having these problems, but do you not believe you need to admit to your errors as well?

you worked for currys for 3 years and if it hits 21 days why would you assume that it automatically get written off?

for all it matters it can stay in repair for 200 days in repair unless the customer requests.

either way, the support agreement does state if not repaired in 21 days you may request a replacement. its not guaranteed, if you have full proof that you requested the 21 days in time im sure moaning about this issue on a forum will NOT resolve your problem, you need to ring coverplan/weh and speak to a supervisor and get this resolved. good luck