Breaching OFT Guidelines

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4921 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22559[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]22560[/ATTACH]

The postcard above arrived in the post this morning, given the OFT Guidelines and in particular Para 2.6.j :-

acting in a way likely to be publicly embarrassing to the debtor either

deliberately or through lack of care, for example, by not putting

correspondence in a sealed envelope and putting it through a letterbox,

thereby running the risk that it could be read by third parties.

Do you think LCS are in Breach of these guidelines, my Postman is now aware that I am to receive a doorstep visit?

Postcard 1.1.jpg

Postcard 2.2.jpg

Hi Mightyacorn

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.

LCS seem to have sent out a lot of these postcards recently. Is it a British Gas account by any chance? If so, complain to British Gas as well as the OFT and Trading Standards.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

RMW, yes it is a British Gas account.

Sir_G, I'm not new to CAG, it's just that since they altered the format, I'm damned if I can find how to start a new thread, it used to be easy. IMHO the powers that be have made a right mess of it ....or is it just me being a technophobe !!!

RMW, yes it is a British Gas account.

Sir_G, I'm not new to CAG, it's just that since they altered the format, I'm damned if I can find how to start a new thread, it used to be easy. IMHO the powers that be have made a right mess of it ....or is it just me being a technophobe !!!

Definitely complain to BG, and keep complaining and insist they call their pet monkeys off since they've breached so many rules. Do you even owe the money, since all the others I've seen, including my own, were for bills that don't exist or are for someone else etc.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Even if LCS are only acting on behalf of BG then BG are ultimately responsible for LCS's actions. It's not too long ago that BG had a run in with the courts over their collection activities;

Harassment case a heard by England and Wales Court of Appeal (Civil Division) Decisions

Ferguson v British Gas Trading Ltd [2009] EWCA Civ 46 (10 February 2009) see; http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2009/46.html

Unfortunately, I do actually owe them money, but that does not give them the right to act in this manner.

Definitely it doesn't, so still complain to BG as well as everyone else. I know from experience that BG's billing system is a complete mess, but they do respond to complaints (post or email) pretty quickly. It may not help you personally, but we can only hope that if they get enough complaints about LCS they will stop using them.

RMW