Graham White

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4677 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,

recently been getting phone calls from graham white saying my wife owe there client £215 for a mobile phone she had in sept 2003,i didn,t think she actualy had the contract because i think i went in there shop and filled in the forms myself and got 2 phones 1 for myself and 1 for her,but i have asked them to send proof and they are saying they dont need to because its a utility bill and not hp and they can show me a statment that shows she made 1 payment in sept 03,they are preparing court action on that statment and a updated credit file showing that they updated there interest in 2007,i have asked them to do everything by post but still only get phone calls,just wondering what action i should take

thanks darron

Edited by skyman197w

sounds statute barred to me

chancing their arm hehe

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

shows she made 1 payment in sept 03
Over six years ago (five in Scotland) so Statute Barred.
a updated credit file showing that they updated there interest in 2007,
Contact the CRA & demand its removal as it is SB and should have dropped off your file this month.... the 3rd as it is six years from the cause of the Default.

Graham White is Roxburghe DCA - tell them to blow and to put everything in writing. If they don't write to you, don't flatter them by sending a letter - just ignore and tell them you will contact the police/relevant authorities if they keep phoning.

If they do write - there are some templates in the library you can adapt

Edited by coledog

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

They probably bought it four years ago... their systems and business are so feckin’ useless that they can’t get their act together. Numpties of the highest order (and that’s being unfair to numpties... there are whole Surrey villages missing their idiots, such is the concentration of them in Lavender Park Road).

I suspect they DIDN'T buy the debt four years ago, that the debt was bought as part of a portfolio by a much bigger company, forgotten about and then resurfaced when they realised they could make 'brass from muck'.

Funny how a lot of the debt Roxburghe/HFO etc (the Weybridge W......s) had was from 2003 and had lain dormant for some time before they started 'massaging' the figures.

thanks for replys,i will have to see if they send me proof as i have just found a old credit report dated 2006 for my wife which says hutchison 3g start 6/9/03 finish 25/4/04 limit £0 start £0 current £+0 monthly satus s

The zero balance may mean they had sold it on. You need to establish exactly when she last made any payment if you want to claim SB, so if you get any more hassle in writing, use the prove it letter first, as suggested.

just had another letter from roxburghe still no contract or proof from them but the letter is saying we had agreed to make a payment as part of a payment plan which is legaly binding and failed to pay (we have allways disputed that we owe the money and for them to prove that we owe it) as we have allways disputed can they do this or is it a scare tactic

thanks skyman

Until you're 100% sure re this being Stat Barred I would drop them a line reminding them that you do not acknowledge the debt and have already disputed their claims so under OFT Guidelines collection activity must stop until all relevant paper work can be supplied

As for the payment plan if there's nothing in writing this is a "My word against yours" situation so yes just scare mongering IMO

Good luck

R

Edited by Revenant

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

the letter is saying we had agreed to make a payment as part of a payment plan which is legaly binding and failed to pay

Utter rubbish! I presume no payment was made and even, if it was this is totally out of order. I am speechless.

Are you able to scan and post and copy of this letter with personal details removed?

donate

No not working - can you save the scan as a PDF file and attach?

This is a tutorial on Photobucket

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?115-How-to-open-a-PhotoBucket-account-and-use-it-to-post-pictures-on-the-Consumer-Action-Group

donate