Jump to content

HELP !!! FOS Descision - Answer needed before Friday 22 October


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4064 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Please can someone help.


This is a bit long winded but I will try to keep it short as possible. I had been paying all my creditors a small amount each month. This was due to being totally dependent on benefits. I acknowledged all the debts except one. This particular bank was offered a full and final settlement offer but they declined. Around 2006 I realised that this debt was not mine. Before that I had been paying this bank a small amount also. Although it was stupid to do so if I didn't acknowledge the debt. in mitigation, I did so because I had been ill for a number of years and the amount was so small, about £2 a month.

I asked for the credit agreement but they could not produce it because the debt went back to the 1980s. On the advice of Trading Standards I involved the Financial Ombudsman Service. It has taken a number of years for them to the outcome to the conclusion that I must owe the debt because I had been paying. They have now given me until Friday, 22 October to say that I acknowledge the decision or not. They say that the bank should accept this am I originally offered in full and final settlement.

I cannot accept what has been said. Also the FOS has not looked at all the evidence I provided.

The latest advice be the OFT is that although the debt is not enforceable the bank sent me a default notice and register the default with a credit reference agency. I don't want this to happen because I might need credit in the future. Again I state that I have no knowledge of this debt. I paid off all the other debts and one of them was larger than the one owed to this bank.

I appreciate any advice given even if it seems yoor eyes that the FOS is right.

Link to post
Share on other sites


If you disagree with the adjuducators descision you can write and ask for it to go before the Ombudsman.


I would also SAR the particular bank to get all the information on this particular account. Sign the letter and if they come back and say the signature you have provided doesn't match what is on their files you may have them. You want as much info as you can get to prove your case

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Paul


First thing might be to get the FOS to give you an extra month which they can do, as you say, they've spent years ignoring the evidence and not doing much.

They come out with so many stupid words 'conclusion that I must owe the debt because I had been paying'. Send them an e-mail extending the deadline.


The guys will advise further.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi rebel 11


Thank you for your encouragment. I asked the ombudsman for extra time and says that he cannot do it and his decision is final. I forgot to say but 2 of the ajudicators saw against me and 2 saw in my favour but it was the ombudsman that made his final decision gainst me.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...