fattony

Engravers World

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3581 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

After suffering terrible service from a online retailer (Engravers World) I have decided to write about this experience while I assess how much it would cost to take to court and how much I would be entitled to if I was to win.

So I ordered a engraved photo frame for a wedding gift, it looked good and was reasonably priced but the problems started after I paid for the item, we paid for recorded delivery but when it was delivered Royal Mail signed the delivery card and threw the parcel over our gate, they didnt leave a card to say we have a parcel and a few days later we found the parcel.

The frame was damaged, it had dents on it and could not be given as a gift, we contacted Engravers World who was most unhelpful suggesting we should claim against Royal Mail, I pointed out that Engravers World chose to use Royal Mail and the claim should come from Engravers World, after about 4 emails they finally agreed to claim against Royal Mail and asked us to send the frame back which we did.

About a week after we sent the frame back we contacted Engravers World and they informed us we damaged the frame after we unpackaged it and Engravers World would not be claiming against Royal Mail.

So Engravers World are claiming we damaged the frame ourselves however this was damaged either in transit or before it left Engravers World, Ive spoken to consumer direct and they advised that if they are claiming we damaged the frame then they need to prove it which they cant and if they refuse to offer a refund then I am entitled to take Engravers World to court, decision time.

Although the frame is a low valve, its frustrating being told I'm lying and they told me Im changing the story when I wasnt, this is the latest email from them:

this is the latest email from them:

We have taken your parcel to our company solicitor and shown him the

> emails,letters and the frame.

> We have all carefully inspected the packaging, wrapping, box and frame, and

> can conclude that physics will prove that this has been damaged after

> unpacking the item.

> there is no damage to the box both internally or externally which co-insides

> with the damage on the frame.

> This means it could not have been done until the frame was unpacked from the

> packaging & taken out of the cardbord box. the type of damage is both from

> blunt impact and a sharp edge impact. This indicates that there could not

> have been cardboard around it and there is no damage to its box.

> So unless you now change the story again to tell us that the postman

> unwrapped your gift as well, we will be happy to show you this all infront

> of the court.

I have explained numerous times the burdon of proof is on the seller and they could show any kind of box and I wouldnt know the difference, for all I know it was posted like this.

Can I ask for the frame to be sent back to be at their cost as I have purchased it and sent it back at their request, if I do take it to court I would need the frame but not sure I should have to pay postage 3 times!

I can only warn you to steer clear from engraversworld . com

Hello fattony, welcome to the CAG.

Enjoy your visit, but take some time to look around the forum and understand where everything is.

It can seem confusing at first but you will start to find your way round and to understand what a helpful community we are.

You haven't received any replies to your post yet. Try posting your query again in a relevant sub-foum. You will get the help and support you need there.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.

:wave:

You haven't received any replies to your post yet. Try posting your query again in a relevant sub-foum. You will get the help and support you need there.

It is confuseing and makes giving advice quite difficult to follow when you re-post in a different forum.

2 options

1 just type bump if no one has responded or

2 press the triangle btm left and ask site team to move you thread to correct forum

:wave:

dk

:welcome::rofl::welcome:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:tea:

most of my knowledge is from the school of hard knocks

not based on any legal background

As quite a lot fellow caggers state seek Legal Advice

:ranger:

If you come across a thread that needs to be moved, leave a message in the small triangle, Thanks.

Enjoy your visit, but take some time to look around the forum and understand where everything is.

It can seem confusing at first but you will start to find your way round and to understand what a helpful community we are.

I have been made aware that this thread was going around about the alleged mistreatment of a client by my company. I wanted to say that, as the owner, I am now dealing with this matter personally, and I am sorry that any distress has been caused by the response our customer has had to date.

You will see here that we do not have dissatisfied customers:

engraversworld / feedback

Furthermore, we will honour a full refund, even though I believe that the fault is with Royal Mail. This is a matter I shall take up with them.

My company is a dedicated, responsive and customer driven business and we have spent years building up a reputation for quality and excellence online.

I hope that this will be the end of the matter, and that the editor of this forum will remove the thread once the customer has confirmed receipt of his refund, as this

kind of publicity is obviously unwanted and is causing harm to my business.

This is a great response from ewg. Every company can have its bad day or make a mistake. The test of a good company is how it respoves its problems.

Maybe Fattony can keep us updated as to how it goes now.

Thanks to ewg for this pro-active response.

Here is a link to ewg's website with some feedback from other customers

http://www.engraversworld.com/feedback.php

I can confirm we have had a letter stating a refund will be processed which is all we wanted all along and our claim to be dealt with professionally, its a shame the only way we got a result is by posting on a public forum but the web is a way of advertising, good and bad advertising comes from that.

Thanks you Engravers World for finally making the right decision