Availability of my P45 from the Job Centre?

Greer8472
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4930 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I not quite sure if this is the correct form about this but I post it here. Moderators can move into the correct forum if they wish.

I went to a job agency to register and they wanted me originally to fill in a P46 as they thought my P45 was not available. Now if I fill that in I know I will be on emergency tax and my in-come at the start will have an affect. I know I passed my P45 from my last job to the job centre and I know they have processed it as I had a tax return following a few weeks latter when I stared claiming. The lady I was talking to at the agency seemed to be unaware of the process of obtaining a P45 from the job centre.

Does anyone have any experience of obtaining the P45 from the job centre to pass on to your next employer?

Edited by Greer8472

Thread moved to the Benefits forum.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

The Jobcentre should send you a P45 within a few weeks of the end of your claim. It should happen automatically, but it's worth calling the Benefit Delivery Centre (not the actual Jobcentre) that pays your claim if you haven't received it.

They won't issue one if you haven't yet closed your claim - for example, if you have signed on to an agency but don't yet have a definite offer of work.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.