LGV & working time

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3933 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Firstly, I am fully aware of the requirements of the WTD and Vosa drvers regulations.

However, the other week I had a situation forced upon me as follows:

I left site A and had, in principle just about sufficient time within the WTD to get back to base ( The Drivers hours were not relevant inasmuch as, with correct breaks, they would not have been exceeded). To cut a long story short, I exceeded the max of 15 hours( including breals) by 1 hr 9 mins and this shows on my digital tacho analysis. Fair enough, mea culps BUT I had a non driving member of staff as a passenger plus there was no member of management to consult for a descision at that time of night as to what to do. I was approx 1 hour from base when my WTD ran out, if I gad been on my own, I would have, without question, taken a night out and run in the following morning, but with a "Civilian" aboard, what the hell was I to do?

Dont suggest stupid impacticalities, I stoipped for driving break about the point of WTD stopping, Suggest to the lad that he kips down in the back of the lorry? curl up at the side of the road or what!

I got hauled over the coals for this and I am seriously P****** off with the T***t on site manager who put me into this envidious position!!

Rant over

Did you ask your manager what he wanted you to do??

Was this non driver working for the company? if so I would have assumed the company would have made provisions for them?

If it was me I would have stopped and phoned them a cab! Its a long time since I drove but I well remember the MOT accepted no excuse's unless directed by Police.