Scotcall - Could anyone help me?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4914 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got home from work last night to a tiny brown envelope saying 'Urgent attention' addressed to me. Saying apparently this doorstep agent had called round 5 times already. (Not once when ive been home) Which is slightly odd. And then my partner said today someone had called round to say we owe money for electric or something. Firstly we are on prepayment meters. Secondly we got behind with payments so EON offered to put in the prepayment meters and take the debt off there. Which has been since August. I then emailed 'Scotcall' asking what it relates to, to get a reply saying

'Good afternoon, thank you for your email, but in view of DPA I am unable to discuss this a/c with you and the a/c is not in your name

F Rodger

ScotCall

3rd Floor

Spectrum House

55 Blythswood Street

Glasgow

G2 7AT'

I dont want them to keep calling round because i dont owe them money, and i have a 9 month old baby so theres no way i will let them into my house. Any help would be greatly appreciated xx

Guest Cartaphilus

Have you contacted Eon about this? Also, can you post or type the contents of this letter you said you'd received?

Hi

Don't be frightened of them. I had a visit the other day (as resolvecall) and they quickly left.

They sell themselves as cheap and cheerful door-steppers and are used by Barclaycard, Egg and loads of others.

Phone Consumer Direct who will log this complaint and advise further.

best wishes

vic

it just says for me to call an 0844 number to discuss the account. I emailed them instead was that the right thing to do? X

do not phone them!, keep copys of all email you send and all if any replys you recivie.

Yes you did right to email them, and it would seem that their reply is that your not the person they are looking for. It clearly states that the a/c is not in your name.

If anyone knocks your door in the future saying you owe them money, tell them to foxtrot oscar and shut the door, if they don't leave ring the Police 999 and tell them that there is someone on your property who won't leave when told to and you believe they will cause a breach of the peace.

Print this off and keep it by the front door, shove it in their grubby paws and shut the door.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?410-LETTER-USED-WHEN-A-DCA-THREATENS-A-DOORSTEP-VISIT

Get straight onto eon and make a formal complaint to them and have them sort this issue out,

http://www.eonenergy.com/At-Home/Contact/Complaint/

If they don't won't or can't there is always Ofgem

http://www.ofgem.gov.uk/Consumers/Pages/Consumer.aspx

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Right. After emails today apparently the agent wrote on the wrong reference number on the little card that i had through my door. This is the email.

Good Afternoon

Thanks once again for attached, the reference number should be 379****

and not 375****. This is for an outstanding account in your name for

Capquest - Shop Direct Financial Services for the amount of £369.53. Our

letter was sent out to you on the 02/09/10 stating that the account had

been passed to ourselves for collection. You can pay the agent in

instalments if you feel that would be an option for you.

S White

ScotCall

3rd Floor

Spectrum House

55 Blythswood Street

Glasgow

G2 7AT

Yet the man on the door told my partner it was to do with electric? Im just unsure as how to deal with this now. I have recieved no letter at all, im not disputing i owe the debt but i would rather resolve it via the company instead.

Thankyou xx

Tell them to prove it, sadly there is a common theme going now where very old debts are being chased on the doorstep by firms (and the collectors) who think they have a right to shove some paper at you and ask you to sign up... I refused to let a 'collection agent' into the block I live in when they tried to tailgate me, their clipboard and three IDs round their neck were a dead giveaway....

Doorstep collectors have no legal rights to collect money from you and should be told to get lost and if they do try it on you can call the police and report an intruder.

ALL doorstep collectors should be licenced and have a credit collection licence - that way they could be heavily regulated, but sadly they are not and very often are only paid on commission only basis.

I refused to let a 'collection agent' into the block I live in when they tried to tailgate me, their clipboard and three IDs round their neck were a dead giveaway....

Funny that, I did the exact same the other week, some clown from Provident who thought I knew no better and would allow her into the block where I live.

WRONG!! She retorted that she would just stand outside pressing the buttons to the flats until someone let her in..WRONG AGAIN "You'll get yourself of this property before I call the Police and have you removed"

She didn't move, so I called her bluff and got out my phone to ring the Police at which she disappeared rather sharpish..

Anyhow, so they got the account number wrong, whats to say they haven't got the name address and balance wrong, and who the OC is? Nothing, in all likelihood if they have made a basic error such as the reference/account number, then they will have failed to do any tracing correctly either!

Send them this as SG says, http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?428-General-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

Doesn't need to be anything other than 2nd class, just to let them know that you really couldn't care less and just how important you find this, get proof of posting if you like, there is no need to be sending anything recorded delivery, or first class post yet.

That is of course if you want to send them anything, as it is Snotcall, you can always ignore them, in fact send them that via email, won't cost you anything, and gives them zero reason to use the phone to harass you.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 3 weeks later...

Just bumping this up. Got home from work today to another snotty little card from 'Scotcall' saying to contact them immediately. I emailed them with one of the templates from here and they said they were returning to account to original creditor as in dispute. Any ideas what to do next? xx

You need do nothing further, they have failed and been sent with their tail between their legs, wait until another circus outfit attempts to extort money from you then come back here, in the meantime have a look around the site and have a read up of others posts and learn a little more of your rights.