Help Please.Virgin media employed contracters that have broken £2000 tv

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4677 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Im wondering if anyone can help at all please? My sister has just had virgin installed and when they fitted it they have lent on her £ 2000 50 inch tv leaving a big shadow in the corner.

Her partner phoned them approx 1 hour after they had left and he noticed,all the usual promises were made-it will be sorted etc..

2 People visited her home,1 man was quite rude ,the other quite pleasent and completely agreed with how annoyed they were.

The tune then changed and the rude man said it wont be a quick proccess.

My bro in law phoned the next day after several continous promises of a call back to which they have never received-to be informed virgin media were saying its nothing to do with us we employed contractors and they are denying all knowledge of damage!

They are furious....

My bro in law has to constantly ring them and to date has made 7 telephone calls with the promise he will be called back by a manager of course which never happens.They will never put him through to a manager,they just refuse.

Today he has been told the complaints closed as the contractors will not accept liability and virgin media didnt do the work.:mad2: Even though there contract was with virgin media.

They were told a letter was due out last week ,again nothing arrived and have been told today the letter was typed up yesterday.

Please can anyone help?

Ive told him I will get a result on here:madgrin:

Thanks in advance

You contacted Virgin and Virgin sent round their sub-contractors therefore your contract is with Virgin, not the sub-contractor.

It is my opinion that Virgin are responsible here and Virgin should make right the damage their contractors has done. Virgin can then deal with the sub-contractor at a later date.

Stop with the telephone calls and put your complaint in writing to them. Send it recorded.

Complaints,

Virgin Media,

PO Box 333,

Matrix Court,

Swansea.

SA7 9ZJ

You could also skip the monkeys and go straight to the organ grinder and email the Virgin Media CEO at [email protected]

Just to say, I can't give any advice re your specific case, but my uncle had a problem with Virgin Media - can't remember the exact details but they were being unreasonable and dragging their heels - after many phone calls and having had this issue for a few weeks it was still unresolved and he was (understandably) fed up, so he contacted the CEO and got the situation resolved in about 2 days. My partner also contacted the CEO of T-Mobile after they made a very obvious cock-up and wouldn't rectify it and got that resolved quickly too.

Sooo, my point is that in my experience contacting the big bods has been very effective, however I agree with buzby that it's best to send a letter of complaint first.

Thats great Thankyou,I have passed this on to my bro in law and sister, Virgin have sent them a letter basically saying the contractors are not admitting liability and virgin cant do anything else therefore the complaint is closed ! The cheek of it:mad2:

I was with Virgin once. I had just moved into a property and the cable was already on (In Milton keynes you get a basic cable package showing the free channels thats always connected) so I called them to let them know I was the new tenant. They wanted a £30 connection charge. I told them it was already connected and there is no need for it but they wouldnt have it. In the end I told them to stick it and I got Sky. Virgin have lost my custom forever over £30. Idiots.

Even my brother who was a long time Virgin user, with the full internet/tv package got fed up with their attiuide and excuses so canceled and moved to Sky.

And as for the Virgin channel on TV.............. What a load of crap that is.

Two points, the 'connection' charge covers their credit checking and setting up your account, all reasonable. If you wa t it for free, wait until they have an offer on. As for the Virgin channel being carp, you mean Channel One? This is owned by Sky, and is closing shortly.

If you are having problems with Virgin Media email Neil Berkett, he is the top man and will get the issue resolved.

They partially resolved mine but I still have one bit of the issue with Mr Berkett, hope to get that resolved this week. They billed me twice for the same period and cannot get their heads round the fact I did not live at my old address AND my new address for the same two month period!

Where you live is of no consequence. It is quite possible to be billed concurrently if (say) the properties were not linked as part of a shift in services. I must also say, that running to the MD before trying to resolve the issue informally does the rest of us a disservice. Exhaust the standard processes first.

That said, once I had done so, and took my complaint to Berkett, he passed in on to a 'high level' complaints team who did not appreciate the complaint and it went unresolved. The answer was, to like it or lump it.

There is no magic bullet.

It doesn't matter whether the contcator admits liability or not. Someone on behalf of virgin did this work and damaged your TV. Virgin are thus liable and must rectify. They can persue the contractor another time and whether they ever get anywhere is neither her nor there.

• 8 months later...

Hi

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.