Help! PCN from London Borough of Hounslow

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4783 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hope you guys can help me with this one, im new to this, but would rather not pay these creeps!

One the way home on a extremely torrential downpour from my new job i had to pull over to double check i was going the right way with my iPhone. Well this morning I had a PCN for (02) Parked or loading/unloading in a restricted street where waiting and loading/unloading restrictions are in force.

Firstly - is stopping to look at a map consitute waiting a long enough time?

Secondly - It says the location is Douglas Road, however this doesnt make sense, I know I didnt go down this road (wouldve needed to turn right). Can i get out of it if it states the wrong road but i was somewhere similar nearby with a imilar enforcement?

Here it is on google maps. I wouldve been coming from the Hanworth road A315 and kept going straight through that junction (not right onto Douglas Road). I pulled over onto the red coloured section of Hanworth Road by the Always and Forever Bridal studios.

It wont let me attach a link because im new but in google maps type in hanworth road douglas road hounslow

Many thanks!

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Douglas+Road,+Hounslow&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=20.909591,57.084961&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Douglas+Rd,+Hounslow,+Middlesex+TW3+1DA,+United+Kingdom&ll=51.467577,-0.361884&spn=0.00536,0.013937&z=17&layer=c&cbll=51.467465,-0.361901&panoid=9L4bElroAxA29Mjxr9c9Pg&cbp=12,181.74,,0,24.13

Definitely a wrong location. Also the time plates are on lamp posts 28 and 31. I thought for 02 they need to be within certain distances.

Firstly - is stopping to look at a map consitute waiting a long enough time?

Code 02 are an instant. But if enforced by CCTV, most places allow 2 mins.

BTW restrictions are for 8am-8pm from google map. What time was PCN issued? A little further at pedestrian crossing, single yellow line is not properly terminated. What are the restrictions for P&D bay?????

Edited by starfarer

• 5 months later...

I too received an (02) penalty charge notice, for pulling over on a single yellow line for a few momments to attend to my phone. The CCTV camera clearly shows my foot still on the brake, as the brake lights are on at the back of the car, where the photo was taken and can be clearly seen on the picture as on!...... How can they charge you £50 for pulling over for a few mins and still being behind the wheel of your car. I could not have been there for more than a few minutes. It is humanly impossible to crawl along the road, creating a danger for other drivers, not looking at the traffic in front as you search for tiny sign. This is outreageous.

I too received an (02) penalty charge notice, for pulling over on a single yellow line for a few momments to attend to my phone. The CCTV camera clearly shows my foot still on the brake, as the brake lights are on at the back of the car, where the photo was taken and can be clearly seen on the picture as on!...... How can they charge you £50 for pulling over for a few mins and still being behind the wheel of your car. I could not have been there for more than a few minutes. It is humanly impossible to crawl along the road, creating a danger for other drivers, not looking at the traffic in front as you search for tiny sign. This is outreageous.

Not really that outrageous, a hands free phone doesn't usually require you to stop to answer it so there should be no excuse.