jimbo45

Restons - No account available so Companies House Complaint

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3586 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi there

despite making NUMEROUS requests for a statement of account from Restons (I've paid the last two final instalments but still need confirmation that the account has been SETTLED IN FULL AND IS NOW CLOSED) I STILL haven't been able to get any sort of sensible statement.

I complained to Companies House suggesting that there possibly could be accounting irregularities at this firm and wrote to Restons explaining my action.

I also told them that as they ought to know being solicitors that failing to keep proper company records is a CRIMINAL OFFENCE for which there are large penalties and even Jail terms. In any case a director would be barred for life from becoming a director / partner again and certainly they would be disbarred from practising Law again.

Anyway got a reply from Companies House saying they will be in touch with Restons to see why a "paying customer" has been unable to get any sort of proper statement as to the operation of this account.

I think they WILL have to act on this one.

If I STILL get no statisfaction I'll get the Inland Revenue involved as well --suggesting that as I've paid around 10,000 GBP to these miserable vermin clearing this account they are obviously doing "dodgy practices" to avoid paying the correct amount of company tax.

I've given up on the OFT -- Companies House and the Inland Revenue look better candidates to get Restons to comply with their LEGAL obligations.

What really galls me about these wretched type of Solicitors is that if I fail to provide correct paperwork or am even ONE DAY late with a payment they would charge an astronomical "admin fee" for letters etc.

Anyway I'll keep you all posted on this one.

I HATE RESTONS with a real passion -- they make even the nastiest DCA seem like Mother Theresa.

Cheers

jimbo