Carphone warehouse insurance for non active phone?

Kamalamrani

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3934 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I took out a mobile phone contract with the carphone warehouse a few years ago and took the insurace aoption, which cost £7 per month. The contract for the phone expired a few ago however I just realized that the carphone warehouse was still taking payment of £7per month for the insurance. The number is no longer active as I changed this at least 5 years ago but I was still being charged. I have made a rough calculation of when the phone contract expired and I reckon the I have been charged around £600 for insurance of a phone I no longer had. Is there anyway I can claim some of this money back?

Thanks

You can ask and they might be sympathetic, but the responsibility remains squarely with the consumer. It has nothing to do with your contract, phones are routinely passed on ans SIM cards swapped, the point being the handset was still fully insured for most eventualities until/unless you tell them you no longer need it. CW have done nothing wrong, and whilst they won't be obliged to make a refund, they might come to some arrangement - but you're got no redress if they choose not to.

Mightr be worthwhile pointiong out your error by LETTER to their insurance department, and asking for a return of premiums (nicely). It might work.