Capital One/Fredrickson International

NICHOLS76
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4904 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an outstanding credit card debt for £1200. So I thought I'd better request a SAR from Capital One.

I requested this from these Muppets back in July. I received a response letter (after the forty day period) from Capital One saying that they couldn't respond to my request as I haven't signed the letter and I need to pay the £10.00 fee, which I sent to Fredrickson International with the request letter. So I checked my bank account, and have found the cheque had been cashed.

I replied on the 17th September (two days later) saying that I paid the fee (along with details of the cheque number) and they need to send out my request within seven days or I will report them to ICO.

However Fredrickson called me two weeks ago demanding payment for the debt. I explained to the guy that I wasn't going to pay a penny until I actioned the information from the SAR.

To this date, I haven't still not received the SAR from both parties. So a couple of weeks ago I filed a complaint with the ICO.

As there is still a debt showing on my credit file, I obviously need this putting to bed asap.

Can anyone advise me what I need to do next?:???:

Many thanks

hi,

I'm confused! are you saying that you SAR'd Cap1 but sent the £10 to Freds??

OR was it that you sent Freds the SAR for your Cap1 info

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

You have it in one:mad2:

What you should have done was to send the SAR direct to Cap1 s now it's gonna cost you another tenner as you won't get it back from Freds.

The only problem now is that freds have put this amount to the debt so you could do with sending Freds a letter demanding a refund as they had passed on the SAR to Cap1 but not the fee.

Giving a signature to Cap1 will have to happen eventually as they are being sods about releasing info without one.

check out digital signatures or signguard

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Ok - Thanks. Looks like I'm going to have to send another then!:mad2:

Do ensure you send a complaint to the ICO about freds and also a letter to freds stating you want that £10 back which was only to be used for the SAR.

The £10 paid towards the account will have restarted the Stat barred clock so having a paper trail to show it was Freds misapplying the fee could be priceless down the line.

S.