Does anyone know when the DLA make payments?

Confused lady

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3986 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My DLA application went to the tribunal and i have been told i am due payment from April this year. Does anyone know when i can expect payment please? i received a letter from the tribunal telling me i will get pay from April on the 5th October this year.

Also i am on IS and wondered if this will change too and what i should do next?

Hello and welcome to CAG. When did the tribunal make the decision please?

Someone else posted on the forum yesterday or today about when their backdated ESA might be paid and Erika PNP answered it. The same might apply to you and it could be worth reading the thread and a phone call.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hello again. Have a read of this thread. I know it's not exactly the same benefits, but it may give you and idea. Hopefully Erika will be along later and tell you if it's likely to be the same scenario for you. I only know about IB, sorry.

HB

what thread? i cannot see a link? sorry i sound thick but i searched for everything the lady you mentioned typed and saw nothing to help me... Can i leave this question here please for someone to answer as i haven't got a penny and would love an answer as to when i can expect to receive my money xx

Sorry, that was me not you. I copied the link and then forgot to paste it. Here it is while I remember.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?280827-Employment-Support-Allowance-Tribunal

Erika is our resident guru and will be able to answer you, but she has a day job and usually appears on the forum in the evening. I hope we'll be able to help you get through this. Some caggers know about things like crisis loans for example, if that might help you.

HB x

Hello.

It's pretty much the same for any case which has gone to tribunal and won with arrears to be calculated, which is up to 6 weeks but if you haven't heard anything at all from DWP by the second week, it's a good idea to chase it to make sure that they have got the decision from the tribunal.

The decision will add a disability premium to your IS award, meaning you will receive more money - it might also increase your housing benefit/council tax benefit. You would need to contact IS, and HB/CTB to tell them that you have been awarded DLA by the tribunal and that it's been backdated to April, just to make sure that any arrears due to you for IS, HB and CTB are also paid.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)