How do you search for case law etc

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4892 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry if I am sounding thick, but how and where do you search for cases and statutes that are not in the CAG library.

I have saved several things that have turned themselves in to some wierd and wonderful computer language!

I have tried google and typing cases direct into bailii but don't seem to find anything. I am trying to 'self-help' and do not want to pester others, so any guidance would be gratefully received.

Holwell Securities Ltd v Hughes [1973] 2 All ER 476 [1973] 1 WLR 757

This one of them, the Brandon caes is another. I am usually quite good at research (though occasionally lazy!) But trying to find cases seems to defy all logic.

Lots of cases get referred to on CAG and unless links automatically come with them they sem to disappear into my list of oneliners! I'm sure I'm not the only person to have this problem.

I know I can contact a few people but i feel guilty going back and back, especially when I discover that all my carefully references have been translated onto binnary geek:???:

Thank you, that looks helpful.

Guess who is getting ready to play and is quietly panicking?

Good luck cym, guess things have moved on, havent seen any updates, im sure youve all the bases covered :wink:

Hadituptohere

I'm far from an expert, but learning all the time!!!!!

If i've been at all helpful please click my star.

Hadituptohere OH V Capital One, **WON**

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (providian/Monument/Barclaycard cc) - ** claim struck out ** due to non complaince of CPR, Wasted Costs applied for, Default Cost Certificate issued by Court, Warrant of excecution and CC Baliffs instructed...lol 😎

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (morgan stanley dean witter/barclays cc) - account in dispute, LBA sent to barclays, awaiting responce, no responce.

Hadituptohere V RBS, default removal x 2, case dismissed, judge used Balance of Probabilities against hard Evidence.

Hadituptohere OH v Santander, Santander issue claim in court, settled out of court via Tomlin, less solicitors fees and interest.

Here is the link to the case on bailli:-

http://www.bailii.org/cgi-bin/markup.cgi?doc=/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/1973/5.html&query=%22holwell+securities%22&method=boolean

It looks as though you're looking at assignments and wether notice has been given by post.

If that's the case then there are also a whole load of other cases that involve s7 Interpretation Act 1978 that will also be very relevant, although they are not directly connected with consumer credit they are directly related to whether or not a notice has been received For example:-

http://www.bailii.org/cgi-bin/markup.cgi?doc=/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2002/573.html&query=%22arndale+centre%22&method=boolean

This case also mentions a number of other cases

Thank you for the links, I will look through that case later when I have more pc time! Like lots of caggers I'm researching delivery methods and times! I'm covering lots of different areas and will post up any other cases that I can't find.

The initial problem was not knowing where to look, as google doesn't always work:shock: and it's nice to actually do some work and not expect others to do it all for you:oops:

yes, i have goode, and Lloyd and Guest and Bennions CCC

And access to West Law, Justis, Lexis nexis, Law Tel, and many more legal data bases,

sadly, i would love to help, i have no idea why i cant attach or pm stuff to people so i can only assist by posting what i can post here, unfortunately

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If it's in the County it's likely to be unreported. It's also not going to be binding. It would only have persuasive authority on other judge's decisions which means that it should be taken into consideration in similar cases although the judge doesn't have to abide by it.