Help please re telephone harassment at work

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3939 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

I have posts elsewhere and all is generally under control, except...

My OH is receiving daily 'phone calls at work from MBNA and EGG (in-house Capital Credit Agencies) in an open plan office.

We've done all the usual including 'only contact in writing'.

Does anyone please have a specific template regarding 'phone calls at work?

best wishes

vic

I don't know about a template, but it would be worth writing (send by Royal Mail recorded Delivery) that they should stop phone calls to your/your other half's work.

This is construed as harassment and you can state that you'll report it to the regulatory authorities - OFT, FSA, etc.

Good luck!

Please note, I am not professionally qualified in legal matters. Should you have any doubts, you should contact a legal expert.

However, I can and will help with matters regarding payroll as I am fully qualified.

If I've helped in any way, you're welcome to click on my "star" and thanks, but I gain the most satisfaction simply by helping/reassuring :O)

You could quote both the harrassment legislation:

Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act

“S40 Punishment for unlawful harassment of debtors.

A person commits an offence if, with the object of coercing another person to pay money claimed from the other as a debt due under a contract he-

harasses the other with demands for payment which, in respect of their frequency, or the manner or occasion of making any such demand, or of any threat or publicity by which any demand is accompanied, are calculated to subject him or members of his family or household to alarm, distress or humiliation;

falsely represents, in relation to the money claimed, that criminal proceedings lie for failure to pay it;

falsely represents himself to be authorised in some official capacity to claim or enforce payment; or

utters a document falsely represented by him to have some official character, or purporting to have some official character which he know it has not.

A person may be guilty of an offence by virtue of sub-section (1) (a) above if he concerts with others in the taking of such actions as is described in that paragraph, notwithstanding that his own course of conduct does not by itself amount to harassment.”

Report this to the Police - MAKE THEM give you a Crime Number which can then be quoted:

Make a formal complaint both to the OFT and Trading Standards:

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/contact

and quote this to them also:

As well as s.40 of the Administration of Justice Act, there's the Protection From Harassment Act 1997, which states:

(1) A person must not pursue a course of conduct-

(a) Which amounts to harassment of another, and

(b) which he knows amounts to harassment of the other.

Finally, report this to Ofcom: http://www.ofcom.org.uk/consumer/2009/07/malicious-or-nuisance-calls/

You should be able to write a letter (by Recorded Delivery) quoting all of the above.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Hi all

Brief update for info to others.

Have phoned Consumer Direct who were very helpful. They were busy but took my number and phoned back.

They have taken details of offending companies and issued me with reference no.. Told me to write to companies recorded delivery and give them 14 days to respond. If no response they will escalate. also told me to complain to FOS and FSA

Best wishes

vic

Great news - just goes to show we have to be pro-active to get results.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.