Default on Loan - Help!

navidson

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3939 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello - I am in the process of applying for a mortgage, but something was flagged up on an initial mortgage check. I downloaded my credit report from Experian and there is a default payment on a loan which was taken out with the Natwest

This happened in 2004 - I was over my overdraft limit and could not work as I was recovering from an operation - I explained this to Natwest but they forced me to take this loan out to cover the overdraft. The account is now long closed but this default charge remains (I also have to add that after looking through my bank statements, it seems that Natwest were charging me twice a month for overdraft fees - a tidy little of £60 per month)

Is there anyway of having this default removed from my file? I would like to complain about the situation but fear that this will fall on deaf ears - The fact that this is now affecting my mortgage application after 6 years is making me both sad and angry!!

Thanks