style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4910 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had a visit from Jacobs yesterday regarding an account we have been paying off a small amount each month, but they have not had the last two payments. Which I am going to find out where they have gone as I know they have been paid via there payment card. Not had any letters from them to say they have not had the payments and for the life of me can not find the reciepts.

Anyway they have demanded payment in full by end of today and the amount due has changed from 1029.75 to 1139.75. We have had a kind offer to lend us this money and get them paid off today which we have accepted. But I would like to know how do I get a list of the charges they can apply and also what charges they have added onto this account. As £110 just to send two men to our house and say pay up in 24hrs or we remove goods does not equal to my figures on the guide osted on this forum.

I have checked and the baliff's name on the letter is certified.

Thanks for your help.

Rather annoyed mother as the baliff has really upset my son over this.

what is this for

please explain the history as this will determine the charges they can levy.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It is for council tax. Jacobs are saying it's for 2008-2009 and the council say we only owe them for 2009-2010.

I started paying in June this year £30 month after a visit from them and they had £50 cash then payment plan was set up. Had no payment card for a while so I was paying via automated system until a card arrived. Jacobs say they have not had a payment since the end of august which I know I have paid two lots of £32 to them since, this is bing looked into by paypoint.

Had a visit from Jacobs yesterday regarding an account we have been paying off a small amount each month, but they have not had the last two payments. Which I am going to find out where they have gone as I know they have been paid via there payment card. Not had any letters from them to say they have not had the payments and for the life of me can not find the reciepts.

Anyway they have demanded payment in full by end of today and the amount due has changed from 1029.75 to 1139.75. We have had a kind offer to lend us this money and get them paid off today which we have accepted. But I would like to know how do I get a list of the charges they can apply and also what charges they have added onto this account. As £110 just to send two men to our house and say pay up in 24hrs or we remove goods does not equal to my figures on the guide osted on this forum.

I have checked and the baliff's name on the letter is certified.

Thanks for your help.

Rather annoyed mother as the baliff has really upset my son over this.

As many people on here know, our business is a commercial one that advises members of the people regarding bailiff fees and visits etc.

Firstly, from a lot of experience it is VITAL that you obtain an explanation from the bailiff BEFORE you pay regarding the charge of £110.

You need to say to him that you have taken advise and have been told that UNLESS he has been into your home to levy upon goods that the only fee that he can charge is £24.50 for "attending to levy" where no levy was made.