• Tweets

• Being objective, it could be that they accept you've cancelled the DD mandate and you can no longer access the gym.   But that does not rule out them arguing that you cancelled early or without the notice they require.   Let's not second guess though - let us know if they come after you for more, or if they let it rest.
    • I'm asking this as a result of a recent experience as i know some of you are really knowledgeable about disciplinarys. I know it's going to sound a bit cryptic but here goes.   So without giving too much away, if a local authority staff member is caught somewhere they should not be, doing something they should not be doing (usually a criminal record)  & when confronted by a member of the public tells that member of public to F' off, makes derogatory remarks about them, then on camera gives them the middle finger (all backed by witness statement), what sort of hope does that person have of retaining their job?   Clearly gross misconduct, but realistically is this survivable?
    • ROFL Says the person who almost exclusively just posts his unsupported 'opinion', ... which actually seem to come straight from Boris the Liars Puerile book of Populist Jingles (2nd edition) - but that is the populist way isn't it whether Russian troll bot or actual populist on a forum - point the finger of their own failings at others.     Back to reality: People just have to google 'Johnson foreigner lies' to get swamped with examples,   - or just 'Johnson lies' to get his divisive hate and division peddling on everything  racist/foreigner bashing/ misogynistic/the list goes on .. peddling to name but a few.   Heres just a couple of examples from literally thousands across the world: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/37-lies-gaffes-scandals-make-18558695   https://www.businessinsider.com/boris-johnson-record-sexist-homophobic-and-racist-comments-bumboys-piccaninnies-2019-6?r=US&IR=T   https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/boris-johnson-brexit-middle-east-priti-patel-israel-balfour-robert-fisk-a9030356.html   https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/06/24/the-empty-promise-of-boris-johnson   Now your turn to catch up supporting your many 'opinion' posts Mr unsupported populist opinionist. .. .. A little help: Try googling 'boris Johnson competent' oops that  wont help you.      
    • I had some good news on this yesterday as the dealer refunded me in full. This wasn't without a fight though and he was digging his heels in. I did mention my rights several times and dismissed his claims regarding a warranty.   I was due to drop it off at his mechanics yesterday but they were closed until Monday. He said he would get the issues fixed before reselling it. I've checked this morning and the car is listed back on Autotrader. It's obvious they don't care.   Thanks all to helped on here.
    • So if this is a claim for all losses including your uninsured losses I am not sure why you would not be assisting. The court claim in your name as you are the party looking to recover losses as a result of the accident. The Insurers or their legal people will do all of the work.
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
seen the light

BT Infinity Broadband - has anyone got it ??

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3568 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all

BT Infinity broadband is coming to my area in January and it looks really good to me, as we only vurrently get a speed of 0.5

has anyone out there got BT Infinity ? how was installation, is it reliable and consistently fast ?

many thanks

seen the light

As it is fiber optics then have a look at Virgin cable figures. They are the only provider that gets anywhere near the advertised speed (according to Ofcom) and consistently. The permanent connection also gives a very reliable connection.

Virgin offer 50mb speed and are presently rolling out 100mb something copper wire can't even dream of with their limit of around 8mb even though they advertise more. So it is reasonable to expect that Infinity fiber will have the same unlimited ceiling and reliability.

I have it! - in Yorkshire after 4 years of having to rely on Mobile broadband.

The speeds are very vairiable, but it does work - Only problem we had was they deleited 2000 work e-mails in the process!

Hence I came on to the forum for advice.

If you can avoid BT I would do so at all costs. The customer care is none existent. They really do not care. And they tell you. !!! Nice

Avoid at all costs. They mis-sold this service to my parents nearly a month ago and we are still waiting for it to be rectified and put back to normal broadband. They are CLUELESS and invariably you get put through to a call centre in India.

I have never come across such an unproffesional company in my life. Be warned also if you have your hardrive/modem in any other part of the house other than by your MAIN Bt socket your screwed unless you are using a wireless connection/

My parents use there computer in the upstairs bedroom. BT Infinity will install a plate (compulsory) by your main socket only. An extension kit will have to bought and installed if you want it anywhere else. BT FAIL to tell you this!!

AVOID AT ALL COSTS. Use O2 they are cheaper and I have not had a problem with them in 2 years and there speeds are more than adequate.

Avoid at all costs. They mis-sold this service to my parents nearly a month ago and we are still waiting for it to be rectified and put back to normal broadband. They are CLUELESS and invariably you get put through to a call centre in India.

I have never come across such an unproffesional company in my life. Be warned also if you have your hardrive/modem in any other part of the house other than by your MAIN Bt socket your screwed unless you are using a wireless connection/

My parents use there computer in the upstairs bedroom. BT Infinity will install a plate (compulsory) by your main socket only. An extension kit will have to bought and installed if you want it anywhere else. BT FAIL to tell you this!!

AVOID AT ALL COSTS. Use O2 they are cheaper and I have not had a problem with them in 2 years and there speeds are more than adequate.

Please note that BT infinity is just BT's own service for the FTTC (Fibre To The Cabinet) technology they are rolling out around the UK, but you are not required to use their service to access it.

As with a normal broadband line there are many different ISP's offering the same service as long as it's been installed in your area.

Just picking a few ISP's at complete random, here are a few that are offering a service comparable to BT Infinity.

I was going to link directly to these ISP's fibre services, but I can't post links yet :(

So you can just google for these, if you wish:

Adsl24

Aquiss

Aaisp

Apologies for the formatting in my posts, I do put paragraphs in but the forum removes them for some reason :(

If you look on the website it CLEARLY says you may need an extension cable if you want the modem and hub further away.

I have had Infinity for around a month and its great.

I went from a 2mb connection to 26mb and i have 8mb upload.

It may mention an extension cable(upto 25metres) however it does not explain as to exactly why! - A) A lot of people may not want 25m of Eternet cable tacked around there skirting board. B) When selling the service the salesmen should ascertain in advance location/requirements etc of the user. C) Anybody with ONE(non wireless) desktop situated in there property say 50M and three walls away from there main socket is either screwed or going to have to pay to have there main socket reallocated.

A faster service it may be I just feel that as anyone over 50 is in the main completely naive to all things technical (6 out of 10 customers in that age range I visit have either Pcs/laptops far to advanced for there basic needs and/or have no security operating) clearer clarification and a bit of customer service wouldnt go amiss before forcing this service on people who are quiet happy with the 4/6/8 MB they where receiving on Total Broadband!