rj18993

Holiday Entitlement - being conned?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3578 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi i would like some advice on wether i am being given the right amount of holidays?

i get 24 holidays per year

i work 5 days a week at 12 hours per day.

occasionally work bank holidays at double pay.

if i do not work bank holidays i do not get paid.

acas tell me i should get 28, but before i approach my employer i would like some more guidance.

thank you

The minimum entitlement is 5.6 x your normal working week, which if you work a 5 day week is indeed 28 days. This can include the Bank Holidays that you do not work and Public Holidays where the business may not be open.

The Bank Holiday bit is where things get confusing, but on the basis of what you have written, it does not appear that you are receiving less than you should.

A good starting point is HERE which should answer most of your questions. If they don't then feel free to ask!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

I do not get paid bank holidays. or chritmas or new years