Nasty letter from SRJ Recovery

Guest Cartaphilus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3939 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Cartaphilus

Had a nasty letter from this lot above, whom I worked out are Fredricksons purely on the quality of paper and letter layout , oh plus the postcode on the back of the envelope began with TN, given it's a Woking address; also read a thread here confirming that they are Fredricksons as well. Anyway, they are threatening me with private investigators, adding fees to debt and will recommend to their client litigation if I don't respond to their letter.

Should I treat this as just another nasty, threat letter or not? I've had a quick read on some threads and mostly all say to ignore them. Just want to make sure first, though.

Edited by Cartaphilus

Guest Cartaphilus

Oops, missed something! I should mention it's a 'tracing letter'. Not something I can CCA, though. If I had to.

Guest Cartaphilus

Well, anyway, I am not letting any of them take me to court because I simply won't be around for them to do so. Fed up. Sick of it. Enough.

Silly, Ridiculous, Juvenile debt recoveries go something like this,

TRACE CONFIRMATION= failed to respond numerous occasions, necessary to trace for confirmation, £15 trace admin fee will be added to your account(Unlawfully)

AGENT VISIT=failed to contact us,leave them with no alternative to transfer your detail to our FIELD AGENT REPRESENTATIVE, purpose of the visit is to conduct a pre-litigation report. (Milk 2 sugars please)

CONFIRMED RESIDENT=£7.50 admin trace fees have been added to your account (Unlawfully) It has been confirmed you are resident @ above address we have therefore concluded that you are choosing to ignore our requests! (You don't say!)

NOTICE OF ISSUE OF LITIGATION PROCEEDINGS=your credit rating will be seriously affected if a court judgement is obtained against you, (yawn yawn yawn you couldn't possibly begin to imagine the amount of :censored: I couldn't give at this)

LITIGATION NOTICE=Only have 7 days to avoid all hell and damnation, on the date of never your account will be referred for a county court (Or sheriff court if appropriate, which shows our confidence in our tracing ability) claim to be issued @

I am however able to offer a reduced once in a life time offer of payment in F&F settlement:loco:

FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT OFFER=Account has been "selected" for litigation, prior to litigation never taking place we are prepared to make on final offer:yawn:

PENDING LITIGATION NOTICE=Despite our continued efforts (Harassment/empty threats) we have no other option than to proceed with litigation :cheer2:at last.....

Then it went deadly silent.....:clap2:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Guest Cartaphilus

Thank you for replying. It was worrying me because of the Fredrickson's connection. Call it coincidence, I don't really know but quite a lot of my debts appear to be in their hands lately. I am trying to stop worrying but it's very difficult knowing what is to come in life next. Call it the thin edge of the wedge after everything else.

Hi Cartaphilus

Your need to see and realise that debt is but a number and it's not life or death unless you make it so. I think you should take the time to step back and see it for what it actually is which is just something that can be sorted with time and if you find it that bad then the worst case scenario is you may have to go bankrupt but there is people who build up debt just to go bankrupt and then wait 6 yrs then start it again. Please don't panic because you are more than just a debtor and in fact that is the least of what your are because your a unique individual who has good and bad qualities like us all. I do hope this ramble has help to put it into perspective for you

Hello my friend

I see you have found the dark place again - EXACTLY as these cretins and their juvenile threat letters intended.

I know through personal experience that it is not easy to climb out of the hole and embrace life for what it is, we are here but once, and believe it or not, it is what we make it despite the actions of others.

There is, at the moment nothing stretching ahead but the DEBT PROBLEM (well all that 'we' know of anyway). This is the one where we can all offer you as much support as you need.

We may not be able to answer immediately, I know minutes feel like hours when you need support, but if you need reassurance immediately, telephone The Samaritans, just 'getting it off your chest' and vocalising can help.

My thoughts are very much with you.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Quite a lot of my debts appear to be in their hands lately.

If everyone’s debts were in their hands, the DCA/debt buying market would go bankrupt in a trice. BB put it in the right perspective. Odd that they want to make an offer – sure they’d have you straight to court if they had anything solid, so please try not to worry about this.

You’ll have everyone on CAG right behind you.

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.