style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3572 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Experts,

Last year i found a property on Gumtree and moved on to the property on 1st september 2010. I signed a contract for 1year and as per the contract agreement, i stayed one year in the property. I payed deposit and one month rent in advance. While moving out i gave one month notice and after one month i moved out from the property. The owner said he will return my advance after the arrival of final bills of gas and electricity.

After 15 days i gave a call to my owner again, he said many reasons like no proper cleaning, bills are more and said he spend lot of money for painting, cleaning and also said that he is going to send me a copy of bills.

While moving out i have cleaned the house for 2 days and handed over to the owner.

After that he was not lifting my call and he didn't send any bills to me.

Now what i should do to get my deposit back. How can i appeal to the court.

Thanks & Regards

Krishna

Was the deposit protected in a scheme, and did you sign any inventory upon moving in?

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

Hi Mr shed

Deposit was not protected. I haven't signed any inventory and the owner doesn't stay here, his son looks after this property. The owner son is student, every month he will come and collect rent. The rent includes all bills including council tax. I don't pay any bills seperately, everything included in rent.

Thanks & Regards

Krishna

Hi Experts,

Could you please advice me how to go ahead with my case.

Thanks & Regards

Krishna