Carphone Warehouse Faulty Contract Phone

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4899 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello i just stumbled upon this website while trying to get some help with a dispute with CPW, heres my story:violin:

I got a Sony Ericcson xperia x10, around 3-4months ago, after one month it developed the following problems, when i called or received calls nobody could hear me, the phone wouldnt charge unless at an angle and the inbox would randomly delete itself, i took the phone back to the shop to get it repaired/replaced, i was told i wasnt allowed to get a replacement handset and it would take 3-4 weeks to get repaired, and i was offered a handset worth apporx £15 to use in that period ( the phone offered could not even go on the internet) so many of the features of my £35 contract were rendrerd totally useless.

Around 4 weeks later i got the phone back, within days the same problem happened again, so back i went, i was told the same thing, by a very rude employee, who didnt even bother this time to offer me a courtesy phone. Again i waited a number of weeks, when i finally got my handset back, the inbox problem seemed solved, but now the wi-fi randomly turns on and off, so today i went back into the shop, once again the staff seemed rude and dis-intrerested, i was told it would take yet again a few weeks to repair, and even if after 3 repairs and nearly 3months of having no handset if they cant fix it, "it will be upto head office disgression if you recieve a new handset".

Obviously i am livid as im paying £35 for a useless sim card and have no phone, when all i wanted was to have a broken phone taken in, and repaired the first time, or let me choose another similar handset, not too much to ask surely?

Please any advice would be great, as i feel as if im getting ripped off right left and center.

regards

Steven

Hiya have moved your thread to the telecoms forum

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

• 5 weeks later...

The supplier of the goods legally are required to affect a repair without putting you to undue inconvenience:

"Under the Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002 the customer has a legal right to ask for a repair or replacement goods. If the goods are less than six months old then the customer does not have to prove the fault. If you disagree then it is up to you to prove they were not faulty when you sold them. It is up to you if you decide to offer a repair or if you decide to replace the goods but whichever option you offer it should be carried out within a reasonable period of time without causing undue inconvenience to your customer. If it would be more expensive (disproportionately costly) to replace the goods instead of a repair then you can offer a repair or vice versa. If repair or replacement are not practicable options then the law allows for a full or partial refund. How much this would be would depend on how old the goods were, how long the goods should last and how much use the customer has had from the goods."

http://www.consumerline.org/search/?cat=General+Advice+on+Goods+and+Services&item=General+Advice+For+Retailers

any luck with your phone i have the experia x10 and its been in for 5 weeks now with failed back light random letters typing when you type a text crashing poor signal etc. like you im paying £35 a month to use a nokia 3220 that is very basic while this is in for repair