Nationwide Defaulted for charges!

sharmar
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I sent Nationwide a letter in June about unfair unauthorised overdraft charges to a current account which amounted to almost £220.

I received a letter back stating that they would remove the charges on this occasion which they duly did.

But I am now horrified on checking my Experian report, to see they have defaulted me for another £20 charge on the same account.

The account has not been used for well over a year and I never even received a default notice.

I can only assume that there was another charge pending in the pipeline for the previous charges.

What can I do now?

Thanks,

Sharmar

• 3 weeks later...
Hi everyone,

I sent Nationwide a letter in June about unfair unauthorised overdraft charges to a current account which amounted to almost £220.

I received a letter back stating that they would remove the charges on this occasion which they duly did.

But I am now horrified on checking my Experian report, to see they have defaulted me for another £20 charge on the same account.

The account has not been used for well over a year and I never even received a default notice.

I can only assume that there was another charge pending in the pipeline for the previous charges.

What can I do now?

Thanks,

Sharmar

Hello there Sharmar

I would advise you to write a firm yet respectful letter to Nationwide and request that they provide you with evidence to substantiate what the offence/breach was under the account terms that they claim has been caused by you to warrant such a charge being applied and to provide a comprehensive explaination as to how it is possible for you to have breached the account terms at and during a time when the said facility has not been used by your good self in over a year!

Yes, absolutely insist that they refund this unlawful charge and remove the defamatory and unlawful default that they have entered on your credit reference file(s) within 14 days of receipt of your letter or you will bring an action in the County Court against them under sec 13 of the Data Protection Act 1998 for damage and distress caused by their unlawful actions.

Have you been declined any credit that you may have of applied for while this default is showing on your credit file(s)?

Maybe post up your draft letter hear and I shall have a look at it (make amendments if needed) before you send it off by registered post to those numpty robots.

I do hope that will help you a little bit.

Kind Regards

The Mould

Hello Mould,

Thankyou so much for responding.

I agree that a firm letter to Nationwide is the way to go.I can't get over their actions!

I've drafted a response if anyone get's a chance to read over it before I post it off,I'd really appreciate your opinions.

Dear Sirs,

Further to my letter of the 9th July 2010 when I requested the removal of unfair overdraft charges to my Nationwide Flex account and your subsequent response on the XX July stating that the unlawful charges were to be removed, I am horrified to see that a Default has been applied to my Credit report along with two more unlawful charges for a facility that has not been used for well over a year.

I wish to view the evidence that substantiates what the offence/breach was under the account terms and for you to provide a comprehensive explanation as to how it is possible for me to have breached the account terms.

I am now demanding the removal of the defamatory and unlawful default along with these unlawful fees from my account immediately and any other unlawful charges or I will have no alternative but to bring an action in the County Court against Nationwide under Section 13 of the Data Protection Act 1998 for damage and distress caused by your unlawful actions.

Thanks

Sharmar

Hello Mould,

Thankyou so much for responding.

I agree that a firm letter to Nationwide is the way to go.I can't get over their actions!

I've drafted a response if anyone get's a chance to read over it before I post it off,I'd really appreciate your opinions.

Dear Sirs,

Further to my letter of the 9th July 2010 when I requested the removal of unfair overdraft charges to my Nationwide Flex account and your subsequent response on the XX July stating that the unlawful charges were to be removed, I am horrified to see that a Default has been applied to my Credit report along with two more unlawful charges for a facility that has not been used for well over a year.

I wish to view the evidence that substantiates what the offence/breach was under the account terms and for you to provide a comprehensive explanation as to how it is possible for me to have breached the account terms.

I am now demanding the removal of the defamatory and unlawful default along with these unlawful fees from my account immediately and any other unlawful charges or I will have no alternative but to bring an action in the County Court against Nationwide under Section 13 of the Data Protection Act 1998 for damage and distress caused by your unlawful actions.

Thanks

Sharmar

Hello Sharmar

That looks like its straight to the point, give them 14 days to respond in full to your letter.

Kind Regards

The Mould

• 2 years later...

Hi sharmar.

Noticed you were on-line did you ever get this resolved.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert