Just saying hello for the moment

Honeybunch

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3935 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We have just joined CAG as we have a problem with a travel operator - we have made a written complaint and claim for compensation, they have replied with excuses and refused our comp. claim.

We are finding an incredible amount of useful information on here, so we just wanted to say "hello" while we are browsing and reading. (It feels a bit rude to me to read and take, without saying hello first).

We'll tell you more in a bit, and will no doubt be asking for advice, especially about taking the matter to court.

Thanks for now...

:-)

Edited by Honeybunch
to edit the title to indicate Q has been added to thread

Thanks, Rebel!

I've been on here for hours (reading about claiming compensation) and am getting embarrassed that my name is showing all this time :oops: But I'm finding some really helpful stuff.

OK, here's the first question for all you knowledgeable people! Part of our claim is for loss of time and enjoyment on/of our holiday, but we have also been told lies by the company and by reps, and the reps are clearly lying again (to cover themselves, no doubt). Can one include that this claim, and if so what is a reasonable, suitable, likely amount?

We're also claiming for dissapointment and embarrassment, so same question... We had invited another couple and this was our present to them as a special celebration, so we wanted everything to be wonderful, hence the dissapointment and embarrassment.

Any comments and advice would be much appreciated.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Thanks for that, IdaInFife. I did in fact find that thread on the day that I joined CAG; I spent ages wading through it, but it was well worth it as I gained a lot of helpful advice from it.

I do have an update. We have now been negotiating by phone and email and they are actually being fairly reasonable. Obviously we are starting high and they are starting low, but we hope to meet in the middle soon. The person we have spoken to has been OK so far, so we are hopeful. They are taking the whole issue of the reps' lies and behaviour very seriously.

So, fingers crossed. Will keep you informed. :-)