Removal of overdraft default

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4906 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After searching high and low for some answers that I understand. I have decided to post to ask for some advice.

Recently I sent a letter to Barclays politely asking if they would consider removing a default on my credit file due to the circumstances I was facing when it was recorded back in 2006. It was obviously a long shot which unfortunately failed. However in their reply stating their refusal to remove the default, they included a printout from statements at the time and copies of a few letters; a payment in full demand, termination warnings, and a termination letter. None of which were a default notice.

My previous searches resulted in finding many people who were still disputing the money they owed and the posts spiralled off in that direction. However this is not my case as I paid in full back in 2006 and am merely trying to have the default removed as it in no way reflects my current financial situation and is affecting my ability to recieve favourable interest rates.

My question then simply is; are there any known ways of challenging the accuracy and or correct practices of recording a default notice on a credit reference file? Previous searches have indicated that they do not fall under the same guidelines as those relating to CCAs. Is this true?

Any help is much appreciated.