papagolf

Mackenzie Hall / Meritforce

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3589 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

Two years ago I received a letter from Debt Managers/Aktiv Kapital with the usual bluff and bluster about a statute expired debt. I sent them a statute expired template letter and heard nothing back.

After two years wait I've just received a letter from MeritForce threatening a doorstep visit within 10 days.

They've listed the pursuers as Aktiv Kapital and have told me I need to call Mackenzie Hall by tomorrow, the letter is signed by the "Doorstep Collections Manager"

Am I correct in assuming that all I need to do is send a statute barred letter to MH by recorded and be done with it?

Yup, spot on.

Or you could send the bemused letter but as it's SB I think either will do.

Ash.

If you think I have helped you, please add to my reputation by clicking the star button to the left.

Thankyou.

If they continue to hasstle you after sending the SB letter report them to TS and the OFT. East Ayershire TS are handling a lot of complaints abuot *uck 'all.

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

I thought that was the case, I wasn't sure how the previous SB letter would affect the new SB letter!

With a new baby the last thing I want is a doorstep collection person hassling my wife at home.

One recorded delivery letter on the way to MH then!

If they continue to hasstle you after sending the SB letter report them to TS and the OFT. East Ayershire TS are handling a lot of complaints abuot *uck 'all.

I did contact them this morning but the guy that usually deals with MH is on holiday today.

Hi,

After two years wait I've just received a letter from MeritForce threatening a doorstep visit within 10 days.

They've listed the pursuers as Aktiv Kapital and have told me I need to call Mackenzie Hall by tomorrow, the letter is signed by the "Doorstep Collections Manager"

I had exactly the same Meritforce letter (visit within 10 days, pursuer AK, need to call MH, signed by"Doorstep Collections Manager") sent to me on 9th July this year. I ignored it,as usual.

Meritforce did NOT turn up.

MH sent a "REDUCED SETTLEMENT OFFER" letter on 5th August & a further letter trying to set up a payment plan on 2nd September.

They broke the pattern by not writing to me at the start of October.

I do not expect to hear from them again. From past experience, this is where they will give up :)