Mackenzie Hall / Meritforce

papagolf
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4937 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Two years ago I received a letter from Debt Managers/Aktiv Kapital with the usual bluff and bluster about a statute expired debt. I sent them a statute expired template letter and heard nothing back.

After two years wait I've just received a letter from MeritForce threatening a doorstep visit within 10 days.

They've listed the pursuers as Aktiv Kapital and have told me I need to call Mackenzie Hall by tomorrow, the letter is signed by the "Doorstep Collections Manager"

Am I correct in assuming that all I need to do is send a statute barred letter to MH by recorded and be done with it?

If they continue to hasstle you after sending the SB letter report them to TS and the OFT. East Ayershire TS are handling a lot of complaints abuot *uck 'all.

I did contact them this morning but the guy that usually deals with MH is on holiday today.

Hi,

After two years wait I've just received a letter from MeritForce threatening a doorstep visit within 10 days.

They've listed the pursuers as Aktiv Kapital and have told me I need to call Mackenzie Hall by tomorrow, the letter is signed by the "Doorstep Collections Manager"

I had exactly the same Meritforce letter (visit within 10 days, pursuer AK, need to call MH, signed by"Doorstep Collections Manager") sent to me on 9th July this year. I ignored it,as usual.

Meritforce did NOT turn up.

MH sent a "REDUCED SETTLEMENT OFFER" letter on 5th August & a further letter trying to set up a payment plan on 2nd September.

They broke the pattern by not writing to me at the start of October.

I do not expect to hear from them again. From past experience, this is where they will give up :)