I have been told my landlord is applying for a warrant of possession-HELP!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4937 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been struggling paying my rent and have already been to court and made an offer. Due to my husband being laid off afew times since the court date we have struggled meeting the rent on time but I have always made it up. However the email and letter I received this morning said that due to my late payments (the rent is due on a Monday but is paid when my husbands wage goes in the bank on a Thursday or friday) and 3 missed payments 9which I said at the time I would make up but forgot about) the rent arrears are almost twice what they were when we first went to court. I don't really understand this because although I have been paying later than the required Monday I have always paid and if I have not been able to make payment when my husband was laid off I have made it up when I got my wage except of course for the 3 missed payments which I forgot about and wasn't reminded about). now they have said they have no option but to apply for a warrant of possession and I am really scared now that I am going to be evicted. I could understand it if I hadn't been paying at all but I have. Can anyone help and give me advice of whether I will lose my home?:-(:behindsofa:

How much is the monthly rent, and what is the current value of the arrears?

Mods - this should probably be shifted to the lettings forum.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

Also, could you please PM me the name of the HA?

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

sorry thats my fault-its the first time i've been on here and didnt know where to start a thread. the weekly rent is now £90.32ish (its just been reviewed and i havent got the letter on me)and i pay £100 per week for rent and arrears. the arrears currently stand at £3488.39

Thanks for that.

Can you please PM name of HA - need to check this before I can advise.

Nothing has come through..

OK thanks :)

To answer the question I think I am struggling to give any good news.

The level of arrears means that should it proceed to court, there is no defence - the court must grant possession, it is mandatory.

I would make an appointment urgently with your housing office to go in and discuss this.

Alternatively, beg steal and borrow an amount to pay it off so that the arrears lie under 2 months worth. Highly unlikely, as this would require nearly £3k to be paid off prior to the court date.