• Tweets

• I received a notice of intended prosecution for doing 41 in a 30 zone. I am not disputing that I was wrong and will pay or do the course.    On the noip it says that I was travelling west bound between two particular roads , when I was travelling east bound between another set of roads . The police with the radar gun were hiding on the opposite side of the road in a bus stop. Just wondered when I send this form back admitting I was the driver I should point this out to them 
    • Thanks very much indeed dx100uk.   Some great information in there, will have a thorough read, but definitely the information I need right now!   I'm keen to request the car parks CCTV footage of the day, should I hold off until it's confirmed we're going to court, or is now the right time to request it?   Name of the Claimant : Civil Enforcement Limited    Claimants Solicitors: S Wilson, Head of Legal   Date of issue 26 July 2021 (Received 30th July)   Date for AOS - 13th August Will get this sent out on Monday (2nd August)   Date to submit Defence - 27th August    What is the claim for –   Claim for money relating to a Parking Charge for breach of contract terms/conditions(TCs) for parking in private car park (CP) managed by Claimant.  Drivers may only park pursuant to TCs of use displayed in CP and agreed upon entry/parking.   ANPR cameras or manual patrols monitor vehicles entering/exiting the CP and TC breaches.   Charges of GBP182.00 claimed.  Violation date: 02/07/2020  Payment due date: 31/07/2020  Time in: 12:20 Time out: 12:49  PCN: Vehicle reg mark: Car park:-Butterfly Walk      What is the value of the claim?   Amount Claimed £197.40 court fees £35 legal rep fees £50  Total Amount £282.40   Thanks for your help through this everyone!      
    • The max speed limit in the UK is 70MPH, there are not exceptions. 
    • Does he admit he was the driver, and agree that he was doing that speed (or close?). Was the NIP combined with a S.172 request to identify the driver, and if so, has he returnrd the form identifying the driver?. This would still need to be done (if he doesn't they may run out of time to prosecute for the speeding, but a S172 prosecution will only lead to a worse outcome, not only in terms of fine and licence revocation but also an even worse effect on insurance premiums in the future).   If the speeding has no defence: Band C fine, and disqualification (7-56 days) or six points, on first glance of the Magistrates Courts Sentencing guidelines https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/offences/magistrates-court/item/speeding-revised-2017/   However, for "driving grossly in excess of the speed limit the court should consider a disqualification in excess of 56 days", even before:   https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/explanatory-material/magistrates-court/item/road-traffic-offences-disqualification/8-new-drivers/   "Drivers who incur six points or more during the two-year probationary period after passing the driving test will have their licence revoked automatically by the Secretary of State; they will be able to drive only after application for a provisional licence pending the passing of a further test (Road Traffic (New Drivers) Act 1995). An offender liable for an endorsement which will cause the licence to be revoked under the new drivers’ provisions may ask the court to disqualify rather than impose points. This will avoid the requirement to take a further test. Generally, this would be inappropriate since it would circumvent the clear intention of Parliament."   So, the likely outcome is a band C fine, 6 points and thus automatic revocation of his licence. That is provided they are just prosecuting for the speed (and not considering careless or dangerous driving........)
    • I think I read the other day that sadly some people have caught Covid in hospital.   Also that people have gone in for non-virus reasons and when tested have turned out to be asymptomatic but positive.   I don't know where they're counted.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

Urgent help needed by tomorrow

Wolfy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3939 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone got a copy of an Egg default notice from around July 2006 or can point me in the right direction to view one. I have been sent templates of letters which I am sure do not show what they actually sent but need ammo. When did Egg add the paragraph about debit cards and cheques taking varying amounts of time to clear on the account? Has anyone else just had template letters back from Egg re DNs and what version numbers were they. This is very very urgent as court date is tomorrow.

Thanks Rebel but I need DN's from around July 2006. I know that the term regarding debit cards and cheques was in there in at least September 2008 but need something earlier than that to see when it was added.