Equifax Are A Disgrace

bh486

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3886 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Their Website looks colourful and easy to use, but it's a mess and takes forever to navigate and find contact numbers etc.

They don't respond to emails in good time

If you call them instead you have to pay 5p per minute having already paid for your subscription and Credit Report - It could only be an error with these two items about which you are calling so they are charging you twice.

I was charged £5.95 6 times yesterday and still didn't get my credit rating as the payment page didn't deliver anything - Only charged me. So I had to call to order at.....5p per minute on top of the £5.95!

To get my money back, even though they can see I have been charged at their end, I have to wait until my next bank statement and then fax it to them at......5p per minute.

They appear to have outsourced their call-centre to some distant land - So they're charging 5p per minute to make a poor quality call presumably over VOIP and then be handled by someone who's not capable of speaking and understanding English properly......I absolutely kid you not - I had to read my phone number digit by digit FIVE times (I speak English with a tradition Southern accent so quite easy to understand) and the agent still kept getting digits wrong - If I wasn't being charged it would have been hilarious.

To cap it all they have a linked address on my file showing a default - Neither of the other CRAs have this. I have never ever lived at that address, have never applied for credit there and don't have any knowledge of what the default's for.

They tell me I have to write to the DCA to sort it, which is at odds with their own website's info.

What a shambles.

Then again, CallCredit aren't much better. Their website is declining my Visa Debit card for no reason at all (almost comedic given it's a charge for Zero Pounds!), they don't have a phone number listed, I can write to ask how I pay them £0 when they won't take my card, but it will take "up to 28 days" to respond. So I have emailed and I haven't had a reply in 3 days.

Experian are the only website that seems to do everything satisfactorily, but even then, something's niggling me that I can't see on my file with them everything that they are showing to companies who apply for my file.

• 2 weeks later...

To be fair, that's why there it a £2 fee to 'cover costs'. It is when they dress it up as Fraud Prevention, or a monthly payment plan disguised as a product you might actually want... it the real laugh. I'd like a formal 'Opt Out' box where (as the data is about me) I can choose for it to be removed and deleted.

• 1 month later...

Yes, I agree, Equifax are a total disgrace. They keep old information in their records illegally in order to force you to pay to get your credit report so that you can fix their errors. Their "customer service" is a joke.

I cannot believe the government allow this company to operate and to gather data for everyone that lives in the UK. They should be closed down immediately.