URGENT HELP!!! ticket for being in bus lane, WANT TO FIGHT IT!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4928 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,

i got a tickect on a road at 9pm, the road turned into a bus lane, i did not know it was a bus lane it was dark,

:-x

went back to the same place and saw some road signs saying no through road bus lane, but it did not say it was 24 hours, can i fight this? i do not care if i'm wrong i want to fight this but i have no clue where to start and i need your help.

please help me!!!

:-(

also it was in Uxbridge, vine street.

Edited by honey loop

Hi, wev'e had this one before but i'm not sure what the outcome was. There are 2 bus lanes and personally I don't think either are compliant. My guess is you are talking about the one which starts at 'Randalls'. The problem with this is that there does not apper to be any advance warning of the bus lane prior to the junction so as you say, in the dark you would be in the bus lane before realizing. Looking from this view;

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=vine+street+uxbridge&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Vine+St,+Uxbridge,+Middlesex+UB8,+United+Kingdom&ll=51.544574,-0.478871&spn=0,0.022638&z=16&layer=c&cbll=51.544582,-0.478815&panoid=_mjL6UD1oexVGci_4hHg_w&cbp=12,92.4,,0,0.05

the signs are practically un-noticable. I will see if I can find the other thread which dealt with this to see what happened and will post back but in the meantime others will no doubt comment.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?266752-Bus-lane-ticket-in-Uxbridge.&highlight=vine+street+bus+lane

This is the other thread but unfortunately the OP did'nt let us know what happened (which is typical i'm afraid). So my advice is to appeal due to the inadequate signage. It may help if we had some up to date images of the area so if you have any and can post them up it may help.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

If it is the view that SS has shown I struggle to see a signage issue. Scan, wash and post all of the PCN as you may have to look at that for routes to challenge.

You can find the signage regs here:

http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roads/tss/tsmanual/tsmchapter3.pdf

Go to page numbered 140

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

Well, from that google image, there is a blue sign under the mini RA sign just before the mini RA which says:

Entry to Vine Street restricted 50 yds ahead to buses and cycles only.

However, The actual restriction starts immediately after the mini RA which is considerably less than 50yds.

Hi, yes that is the road but to be honest I have never driven in Uxbrigde before, I came from the other direction, it’s really stupid because what the hell am I meant to do? Just do a U-turn in the middle of the road.

Well, from that google image, there is a blue sign under the mini RA sign just before the mini RA which says:

Entry to Vine Street restricted 50 yds ahead to buses and cycles only.

However, The actual restriction starts immediately after the mini RA which is considerably less than 50yds.

Good point DD, but how would you see the sign under the mini 'RA' sign in the dark? Don't you think it's a tad small? If you didn't know the area, there's no way you would avoid it at night IMHO... and I'm speaking as an ex-bus driver who would normally not defend car drivers in these circumstances!

Please Note

If it is the view that SS has shown I struggle to see a signage issue. Scan, wash and post all of the PCN as you may have to look at that for routes to challenge.

You can find the signage regs here:

http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roads/tss/tsmanual/tsmchapter3.pdf

Go to page numbered 140

So where is the advance sign shown in fig 14 - 15?

Please Note

Hi, yes that is the road but to be honest I have never driven in Uxbrigde before, I came from the other direction, it’s really stupid because what the hell am I meant to do? Just do a U-turn in the middle of the road.

Sorry, you've lost me now. I did'nt know that it was a 2 way bus lane? Do you mean the one at the other end of Vine Street leading onto Hillingdon Road?

Please Note

no i came off the high street on to vine street with out knowing.

Street view dosn't appaer to cover that end so we would need images. As far as I can see the high street is a pedestrian area and there are 'All Motor Vehicles Prohibited' signs so if you have gone that way, your'e stuffed unless there is something wrong with the PCN i'm afraid.

Please Note

Edited by sailor sam

this is the road i came onto before i ended up in the bus lane

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22502[/ATTACH]

this image is going farther down the high street

161020101294[1].jpg

this is where the road bends and it is where the bus lane is

161020101293[1].jpg

these images are all from the other side.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22505[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22503[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22506[/ATTACH]

So where is the advance sign shown in fig 14 - 15?

What does figure 14-15 have to do with bus gates?

I see nothing in the traffic signs manual that states that advance warning should be given. Compared with that for bus lanes. Did I mis it?

Doesn't mean to say that an argument cannot be made but the grounds for contesting this contravention are rather more restrictive than the grounds for contesting a parking PCN.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

well the ticket does not give me anyway to fight it, it only give me 5 options.

1 is i was not the owner the car.

2 is the contravention did not take place.

3 is the vehicle was taken with out my consent

4 is we are a hire company

5 is the pcn is for more than is legally required to pay.

so really they have not given me much a option to fight it.

I think we need to see the PCN. There should be the option to state that the police are taking action as well.

Can you scan, wash and post the entire document?

i think i'm just going to have to pay the annoying fine :mad2: , i do not want to but i cant scan the document, so the only option is to pay plus if i do it before the 14 days it will only cost me £60 and not the £150 if it dont within 28 days :!:

can you take a pic of the pcn front and back? The best ways to fight these are on the signage AND on the wording on the pcn, even the options on how you can pay can restrict your options making it unenforceable

hi, thank you all for your help, but i paid the fine off!!! :sad:

i did not want to but i kind of just didnt really want to have a hassle of paying more if i did not win when i was fighting it plus the 14days was coming to an end.

the pcn did not come in my name as it vehical is not on my name, so fighting it would have ment the other person finding out.

but again i do want to thank you, i have been on here before getting advice and help on other issues and you all have helped me fight.

:-)