Threatening Door visits

vidman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4938 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok guys firstly i am a new Cagger and what a relief to find this site as it has empowered me somewhat into, at least, not feeling alone with Debt.

I shall post soon regarding my actual debts and break them down in order to keep the correct thread format later.

This question is regarding letters threatening Home door visits.

I have read previous threads regarding resolvecall etc and how they have no rights and you can tell them to leave and i have no problem either ignoring their door rings or telling them to F**k Off but the problem is that due to circumstances i find myself staying with my parents and it IS THEIR door that is getting the hassle. (The debt was taken out here). resolvecall have already tried to visit 3 times (even leave a little card with number of visits...which i shall keep as evidence). One cheeky resolvecall guy was even spotted peering through a window.

I dont like the idea of my parents being pestered (told them not to answer)but at the same time i dont want to send a strong letter that might give them cause to believe their visits are intimidating me.

I will correspond "in writing" till the cows come home until i get the DEAL I WANT but how do i get the visits stopped.

The latest is Metropolitan Collection who are saying "they WILL visit on xx/xx/xx...cheecky blighters even state between 8am and 9pm. Now im no genius but i know not many people can legally visit you at 9pm...duh. Guess it will be interesting to see if they call.

Let the games begin ..i guess

Edited by vidman
definition change

It's all intimidation tactics to get you to contact them.

Yes, the doorstep gang do turn up occasionally, but it is very rare. The old 8 till 9 slot is the norm.

It would be easier to advise once we know what he debts relate to, so I will leave it at that for now.

But you are in the best hands here for advice, so don't worry about it

There is a letter in the templates library regarding door step visits, though in my opinion it's a bit long winded and complicated.

No one has any right (with a few very limited exceptions) to be on your property, therefore they are trespassing. Write back to each of these companies saying you withdraw any implied invitation for them to call and if they do you will seek the assistance of the police in having them removed if necessary. Print a few spare copies of the letter and keep them by the door. If anyone accidentally opens the door to a debt collector, hand over a copy of the letter and shut the door and wait for them to leave. Respond to every comment and question with 'in writing only please'.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

You can complain to the Police about harrassment.

I was lucky enough to be able to get a sign for my front door from my local Council that was to stop 'cold callers' but I amended it to also include 'collectors' .

I am not saying they will take a blind bit of notice, but a 'can't you read' is a nice 'insult' !!:sad: