• Tweets

• Yep, I read that and thought about trying to find out what the consideration and grace period is at Riverside but not sure I can. I know they say "You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is"  but I doubt they would disclose it to the public, maybe I should have asked in my CPR 31.14 letter? Yes, I think I can get rid of 5 minutes. I am also going to include a point about BPA CoP: 13.2 The reference to a consideration period in 13.1 shall not apply where a parking event takes place. I think that is Deception .... They giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other!
    • Six months of conflict have also taken a heavy economic toll.View the full article
    • the Town and Country [advertisments ] Regulations 2007 are not easy to understand. Most Council planing officials don't so it's good that you found one who knows. Although he may not have been right if the rogues have not been "controlling" in the car park for that long. The time only starts when the ANPR signs go up, not how long the area has been used as a car park.   Sadly I have checked Highview out and they have been there since at least 2014 . I have looked at the BPA Code of Practice version 8 which covers 2023 and that states Re Consideration and Grace Periods 13.3 Where a parking location is one where a limited period of parking is permitted, or where drivers contract to park for a defined period and pay for that service in advance (Pay & Display), this would be considered as a parking event and a Grace Period of at least 10 minutes must be added to the end of a parking event before you issue a PCN. It then goes on to explain a bit more further down 13.5 You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is. 13.6 Neither a consideration period or a grace period are periods of free parking and there is no requirement for you to offer an additional allowance on top of a consideration or grace period. _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________So you have  now only overstayed 5 minutes maximum since BPA quote a minimum of 10 minutes. And it may be that the Riverside does have a longer period perhaps because of the size of the car park? So it becomes even more incumbent on you to remember where the extra 5 minutes could be.  Were you travelling as a family with children or a disabled person where getting them in and out of the car would take longer. Was there difficulty finding a space, or having to queue to get out of the car park . Or anything else that could account for another 5 minutes  without having to claim the difference between the ANPR times and the actual times.
    • Regarding a driver, that HAS paid for parking but input an incorrect Vehicle Registration Number.   This is an easy mistake to make, especially if a driver has access to more than one vehicle. First of all, upon receiving an NTK/PCN it is important to check that the Notice fully complies with PoFA 2012 Schedule 4 before deciding how to respond of course. The general advice is NOT to appeal to the Private Parking Company as, for example, you may identify yourself as driver and in certain circumstances that could harm your defence at a later stage. However, after following a recent thread on this subject, I have come to the conclusion that, in the case of inputting an incorrect Vehicle Registration Number, which is covered by “de minimis” it may actually HARM your defence at a later stage if you have not appealed to the PPC at the first appeal stage and explained that you DID pay for parking and CAN provide proof of parking, it was just that an incorrect VRN was input in error. Now, we all know that the BPA Code of Practice are guidelines from one bunch of charlatans for another bunch of charlatans to follow, but my thoughts are that there could be problems in court if a judge decides that a motorist has not followed these guidelines and has not made an appeal at the first appeal stage, therefore attempting to resolve the situation before it reaches court. From BPA Code of Practice: Section 17:  Keying Errors B) Major Keying Errors Examples of a major keying error could include: • Motorist entered their spouse’s car registration • Motorist entered something completely unrelated to their registration • Motorist made multiple keying errors (beyond one character being entered incorrectly) • Motorist has only entered a small part of their VRM, for example the first three digits In these instances we would expect that such errors are dealt with appropriately at the first appeal stage, especially if it can be proven that the motorist has paid for the parking event or that the motorist attempted to enter their VRM or were a legitimate user of the car park (eg a hospital patient or a patron of a restaurant). It is appreciated that in issuing a PCN in these instances, the operator will have incurred charges including but not limited to the DVLA fee and other processing costs therefore we believe that it is reasonable to seek to recover some of these costs by making a modest charge to the motorist of no more than £20 for a 14-day period from when the keying error was identified before reverting to the charge amount at the point of appeal. Now, we know that the "modest charge" is unenforceable in law, however, it would be up to the individual if they wanted to pay and make the problem go away or in fact if they wanted to contest the issue in court. If the motorist DOES appeal to the PPC explaining the error and the PPC rejects the appeal and the appeal fails, the motorist can use that in his favour at court.   Defence: "I entered the wrong VRN by mistake Judge, I explained this and I also submitted proof of payment for the relevant parking period in my appeal but the PPC wouldn't accept that"   If the motorist DOES NOT appeal to the PPC in the first instance the judge may well use that as a reason to dismiss the case in the claimant's favour because they may decide that they had the opportunity to resolve the matter at a much earlier stage in the proceedings. It is my humble opinion that a motorist, having paid and having proof of payment but entering the wrong VRN, should make an appeal at the first appeal stage in order to prevent problems at a later stage. In this instance, I think there is nothing to be gained by concealing the identity of the driver, especially if at a later stage, perhaps in court, it is said: “I (the driver) entered the wrong VRN.” Whether you agree or not, it is up to the individual to decide …. but worth thinking about. Any feedback, especially if you can prove to the contrary, gratefully received.
    • Women-only co-working spaces are part of the new hybrid working landscape, but they divide opinion.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

'Pace Forward' letter on friends lloyds debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4194 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am asking for some help on behalf of a friend who is in serious debt from credit cards, loans etc.

A couple of days ago a company called 'Pace Forward' sent him a letter saying 'We are trying to contact the above named person in order to discuss a personal matter' It gives a number to call immediately.

And then it says 'If you are not the person named above we would still ask you to contact us immediately to discuss this matter and enable us to remove your address from your records and discount you from our enquiries'

I have never heard of this company before and it is written very strangely but we are guessing it is to do with a debt but he has no idea which one! I also haven't been in this situation before (I usually just get the threats starightaway)

What should he do next? I am guessing not to phone them is the best thing but can anyone advise of a letter to send?

Thanks.

Hiya,

Don't telephone ever and wait until they send something with more information through the post, which will come in time.

If your friend does phone, he'll have a DCA mug marker on him and it'll open the floodgates.

Best wishes

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Bunch of total chancers on a :fish2: trip.

Ooh 'Pace Forward' not too familiar with these reprobates? What does it say on the bottom of the paper, who are they a trading name of?

It is very very simple, DO NOT RING THEM they employ ex burger flippers who go off a script, and work on commission, in fact the best way to deal; with such a corrupt industry as this is to ignore them totally, until that is they foolishly think they can walk all over your CRF, when you take the idiots to court and sue them for damages!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Registration Number: Z7385133

Date Registered: 18 December 2002 Registration Expires: 17 December 2009

Data Controller: TESSERA CREDIT SERVICES LIMITED

Address:

ARRAM BERLYN GARDNER

HOLBORN HALL

100 GRAY'S INN ROAD

LONDON

WC1X 8BY

Other Names:

ROCKWELL DEBT COLLECTION AGENCY

BTMK SOLICITORS

PACE FORWARD

FENTON COOPER

• Confused 1

Idiots, you need to report them to Trading Standards for communicating in a misleading manner, and to the Office of Fair Trading and Ministry of Justice.

This might now be followed up with a little card saying you have sensitive documents they couldn't collect and you need to call them to confrim you are you... possibly from Silverpoint Deliveries.

• Confused 1

Thanks for the response, yes I do think the letter is uite misleading.

Yes I found on the bottom of the page that pace forward is the trading name of Tessera Credit services Ltd. There are a few addresses on the letter, at the top of the page:

5th Floor

Maitland House

Warrior Square

Southend-on-sea

SS1 2JS

And also the registeredoffice at the bottom of the page as:

30 City Road,

London

EC1Y 2AB.

So does my friend complain about them and not write any kind of correspondence directly to them?

Complaints are a foregone conclusion, anyone who has the misfortune of being contacted by such a disreputable industry needs to make complaints first, before even worrying about corresponding with such laughable misfits.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 3 weeks later...

My friend ended up ignoring the last letter as he was more than a little stressed by it. Another letter arrived this time from Rockwell. It says the debt is owed 'to our client' Pheonix recoveries and the orginal lender was Lloyds, why are so many companies involved?

I don't think he even knows which debt it is because Lloyds haven't been in contact about the actual debt and the letter doesn't really give any details apart from an amount.

The letter says 'We have been instructed by Pheonix Recoveries (UK) Ltd SARL (Tessera) to contact you regarding the above account which remains unpaid.

Your debt is now overdue and must be paid in full to these offices within the next 10 days otherwise we will take immediate action.

If you are unable to pay the debt in full you must telephone on the above telephone number immediately to discuss other possible options. You will be asked to provide a full statement of your income and expenditure in order to validate any installment arrangement'

signed Rockweel DCA.

If a family member, like a parent, was to pay a bit of money say £5 a month on behalf of my friend would they become responsible for the debt?

Any advice greatly appreciated!

It breaks my heart to think that anyone would pay even 1p to these idiots. DON'T PAY THEM A PENNY - demand that they 'prove' that the debt is owed by using one of the letter templates on this site. Maybe the one known as the 'prove it' letter?

On receipt they are legally bound to respond with 'here is the proof' (very unlikely) or 'sorry we're going away now' (highly likely) before going after a softer target.

How old is this debt? If it's been 6 years since acknowledgement or payment then it is statute barred and they can't touch you.

• Haha 1

Eyes opened and back in control of my life thanks to this site x

well said

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I had these morons chasing me for a while last year. Before that I used to bury my head in the sand and be worried that they would turn up at my door. A few weeks on this site and letters sent, they went creeping back under their stone. I found out that they also searched my credit files, I threatened them with court action and they removed all traces.

I don't get bothered by these or any other DCA's any more. I actually miss those silly little letters 'demanding' this and that. My credit history is poor but has been excellent for the last 4 1/2 years. In 18 months I should be a 999.

Remember, these collectors have NO authority and NO power. If they turn up at your door tell them to bog off or call the police. If you feel threatened by them complain. Push them for absolute, legally watertight agreements and proof that any debt is due. These bottom feeder DCA's are passed a list of folks with an amount and details of the original account in a spreadsheet, and their employed monkeys just ring around and generate spurious letters to try to frighten people into paying.

They have bought these accounts for a few pence in the pound, the original creditor having written off the debt and claimed tax relief. Yet these DCA's are allowed to buy an account and make money from it!

The whole industry stinks, don't let them get away with it.

Eyes opened and back in control of my life thanks to this site x

• 1 year later...
Hi,

I am asking for some help on behalf of a friend who is in serious debt from credit cards, loans etc.

A couple of days ago a company called 'Pace Forward' sent him a letter saying 'We are trying to contact the above named person in order to discuss a personal matter' It gives a number to call immediately.

And then it says 'If you are not the person named above we would still ask you to contact us immediately to discuss this matter and enable us to remove your address from your records and discount you from our enquiries'

I have never heard of this company before and it is written very strangely but we are guessing it is to do with a debt but he has no idea which one! I also haven't been in this situation before (I usually just get the threats starightaway)

What should he do next? I am guessing not to phone them is the best thing but can anyone advise of a letter to send?

Thanks.

Your friend got a TRACE LATTER. Tracing people is one of the services that debt collectors undertake. This suggests that your friend changed his address without informing his creditors or the debt collectors that have bought his debt. If your friend appears on the electoral roll at the address that the letter was sent to under the same name has he had when he was last in touch with the creditor or debt collector then they can check that but they may not have done that search yet. The letter is a cheap way of trying to get someone to phone one of their interrogators and get them into a conversation that they will try to lead. If you are not good at dealing with this kind of thing it will not be to your advantage. If you wish to communicate do it by letter and say as little as possible. They are also trying to keep some communication going as they want to avoid the possibility of the debt becoming statute barred after 6 years of non-communication with the debtor. Your friend needs to take advice about the best way to deal with his debts. If he has nothing to lose in the way of assets such as equity in his house etc then he has little to fear of being taken to court if it comes to that otherwise he needs to know how best to protect what he has. The proper way to trace an "absconder" is for an agent to call either at his house or more likely to a neighbour or the local shop, or post office and ask if they know him. Neighbours will often think that the agent is a courier and offer to take a package for him thus confirming the trace. After that the agent can call at the debtor's house in confidence to leave a hand delivered letter. This will cost the debt collecting agency £20 or more as the agent's fee so they only do that if they feel that the debtor might be encouraged to part with some cash. I hope this has been of some help to you.

It is NOT 6 years of non-communication, it is 6 years of NON PAYMENT, this is a common mis-conception.

As long as your friend writes back stating "I do not acknowledge any alleged debt to you, your clients/associatesaffilliates" after the Dear Sir bit they will not be acknowledging the debt.

Yes I did wonder why this flagged up in my inbox.

MrOwen if you have a read round on the numerous threads regarding DCA's and their tactics, above all else DCA's have NO legal powers or rights to do anything, least of all run around asking neighbours and random strangers if someone lives at xyz.