quite a few questions probably more a rant

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4937 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

basicly the workplace i am in has changed alot over the last few months it has gone from fairly relaxed working to nose to the grindstones etc which is fair enough really but its starting to go OTT

we work with computers laptops in particular, the tarets set have changed dramaticly to the point where they are nearly unreachable, for example they went from 7 laptops a day, to 11 laptops a day, to 12 per day and now are set at 18 laptops per day which around 120 out of 180 engineers are failing to meet.

we have been basicly told this is what the business needs and if you dont meet it then you will be taken to disciplinary, there was talk of a time and motion study to check wheither this was obtainable but this has been dropped probably as they suddenly realised that only 30 mins is not enough to fix a laptop and check it

im currently one of the lucky ones and ussually get around 18 - 19 however the latest clamp down has caused issues which is quality control, now dont get me wrong im proud of my work and try very hard not to cause any quality issues however ive been given a couple of negative notes on my files, which i felt were for petty reasons, for example one day i missed one screw out of 20 laptops, which is probaly 1 screw out of around 1000 to put it in perspective.

this negative note was given by someone whos not a team leader, in a room on our own.

there was no method of appeal when i pointed out issues with the notice i was told that they "would be looked into but the notice would still stand"

there was no mention of my right to a person accompaning me, nor did anyone

any suggestions on any of the above

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

As far as I can ascertain, this "negative note" isn't a disciplinary, and if that is the case then you aren't legally entitled to representation, nor a right of appeal - although you can submit a grievance if you feel it was inappropriate.

As for the rest - rant away! I'm afraid that a lot of workplaces are getting like this, and there's not much that can be done except ranting. Employers seem not to realise that setting targets which cannot be met are not going to meet their quality performance they want, nor induce staff to be loyal and willing to put in that extra mile. While unemployment is high and people fear for their jobs, they will get away with it - but every tide turns and when this one does, these employers will be left with the dregs who can't get a job anywhere else!

well there on watchdog this thurs anyway

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek: