Can I get linked addresses removed?

cp1980

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4116 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just checked my credit report on experian to find that there is a linked address entry from experian 2 years ago for 2 addresses where i stayed for a brief period but never had any financial accounts at these addresses, one is my mum's old house and one is my friends, I applied for my credit report at this time just out of curiosity more than anything as I had never applied for a report before and if i remember rightly i input that I had stayed at each address about 3 years each even though I hadn't, was just having a nosey at what the free report and stuff was about. Anyway having been stettled down in my own place for a couple of years I have just moved back to my mums new house as I have started university and I have updated my credit report to reflect this which is when these linked address entries have shown up. I have absolutely no idea how they have linked this, all I can assume is that it has happened when I updated my new address as my mum will have done the same and as we both have the same surname and same initial i wonder if there has been some sort of cross over. Anyway my question is whether I can have these entries removed since I have no financial connection to them or is this just going to get me into deeper trouble with experian and affect my credit report further if they realise that i lied about the details of me staying at these addresses? there really wasn't any malice in it at the time I was just being curious...

I can't really see what the problem is?

The information is not doing you or anyone else any harm, so why go through the hassle (and it would be) of trying to get it removed?

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Hi

I just didn't know whether it would cause any issues if I applied for any credit as I wouldn't be putting these addresses down on my application, would they not think i was hiding something and flag it up as fraud if i don't use these addresses?

I assume that no-one elses credit history at these addresses will effect me in any way either?

Thank you so much for your reply.

No one else at any address can have any effect on your credit rating unless you are financially linked to them - e,g, you have a joint account.

If you apply for credit, tell the truth. It might get queried that the addresses you give don't match up, but if it does you just say the agencies have got wrong information - it won't be the first time. To be honest, if you've got a reasonable credit history, a reasonable income and you've been at your current address for longer than 5 minutes, it's unlikely to be a problem. As a student, are you likely to be applying for credit anyway?

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

No i've no intention of applying for credit whilst I am a student, fortunately as I have moved back to my mum's I don't need to! I suppose I just panicked slightly as I had read that linked addresses stay on your file for 6 years and I intend to look to buy my own place once I have graduated and didn't want this to mess anything up. I'll take your advice and leave it be for the time being and address the issue should it cause me any problems later on. Thanks so much for your help!