Hotel Terms and Conditions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4092 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm hoping somebody can help me with a little disagreement I've got with a hotel based in the UK. I'm just looking for answers to the following questions.

1, Do hotels have to provide a copy of their terms and conditions upon request?

2, What does upon request mean legally? Does it mean then and there?

3, If no terms and conditions are available, when I check in, can I be charged for something extra, when I check out that's apparently part of this hotels terms and conditions?

4, Having paid this additional charge, is there any chance of getting it back, considering the terms and conditions where not available at the check in or check out?

Many Thanks.

PS If this is posted in the wrong section, please redirect me to where you feel it would be better suited. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Does the hotel not have a website?

Terms and Conditions form part of the contract if you have been given the opportunity to read them. If they are being difficult ask to speak to the manager and ask the manager to tell you what extra charges MAY be incurred... if there are extra charges that they charge routinely THEY HAVE TO TELL YOU otherwise you could argue that they were not part of the contract between you... thing there is they will charge them to your card whatever and it will be for you to slog to get them back. Which hotel is it?