janekennedy

high energy consumption

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3586 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

i purchased a public house 6 years ago with accomodation above, on reviewing my consumption recently to see if i can save money i have discovered i am using the equivalent of 6 x 3bed houses electricity ie 32000 kw a year. the accomodation equates to a 2 bed flat and the pub is a same rural property holding max 50 persons. flat is using 12000kw annual and pub 20000kw annual can someone give me advise on how to get my electric usage checked and how to claim back overpaid monies over last 6 years. my heating is lpg and coal fire

thanks

Try switching everything else off, make sure that the reading is constant, then run a known load e.g. kettle / immersion heater for several minutes (time exactly) & note how much the reading goes up by (in fractions of KWh). With a bit of maths you can check this out

e.g. 3KW kettle for 4 minutes = 3 * 4 / 60 KWh = 0.2 KWh

Edited by 2Grumpy
added eg

If you have a electric fryer that will use a lot of power. Can you isolate the flat or accommodation from the rest of the pub?