slip while visiting car show room

dedogs******

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4111 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hope this is in the right place. on Friday took car in for a service as we where walking through the show room the wife slipped and badly sprained her ankle, she slipped on surface water there was nt any signs or warnings of slippery surfaces, members of staff seen the accident and after a couple of minutes came over to see if she was all right , he explained that they had contractors in who where a bit lackadaisical he took her details and we left, the hospital said its just badly sprained, can she put a claim in for her injuries due to there neglect

I would, call an 'ambulance chaser' and see what they say. If you have a claim they will take it on.

Ash.

If you think I have helped you, please add to my reputation by clicking the star button to the left.

Thankyou.

You seriously wish to claim against them for a sprained ankle?

Come on - this isnt America (thankfully).

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

An ankle sprain is not worth a great amount on it's own.

The level of compensation you could expect will depend on your wife's prognosis. How long will/did the injury take to recover? Will the recovery be incomplete?

Where recovery is complete within a year, compensation will rarely exceed £3,600. Faster recovery times will reduce this amount.

Unless your wife's injury led to her not being able to work or a significant impact on the quality of life while she was recovering, any award will be rather low.

In answer to your question, yes you can claim based on the facts you have told us.

Warning: Freemen of the Land Operate here. Think twice before accepting 'legal advice'.

You seriously wish to claim against them for a sprained ankle?

Come on - this isnt America (thankfully).

1) shes a care worker and now cant drive

2)why should she be suffering pain through their negligence

3)the staff thought it was highly amusing

4)so she loses 10 days wages and thats ok ?

i would put in a claim . with christmas around the corner if your wife lost money bye having time off work or not . still write a letter a good sob story and rember if you owned a shop and some one fell they would claim off you my views on this think off all the christmas presents you could bye i would defo claim

1) shes a care worker and now cant drive

2)why should she be suffering pain through their negligence

3)the staff thought it was highly amusing

4)so she loses 10 days wages and thats ok ?

She loses 10 days wages for a sprained ankle???

I apologise if my post came across as unsympathetic - but we dont live in the "where theres blame theres a claim" culture that we do in America, and for such a minor injury (as that is what it is) any punitive damage claim will probably be dismissed unceremoniously.

However, if there are out of pocket financial losses, then yes I agree that this should be compensated.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

She loses 10 days wages for a sprained ankle???

I apologise if my post came across as unsympathetic - but we dont live in the "where theres blame theres a claim" culture that we do in America, and for such a minor injury (as that is what it is) any punitive damage claim will probably be dismissed unceremoniously.

However, if there are out of pocket financial losses, then yes I agree that this should be compensated.

With respect, I would have to disagree.

As I said above, compensation for the injury alone would be low, however depending on the impact this had on the claimant's life, the damages could vary by quite a large amount.

Warning: Freemen of the Land Operate here. Think twice before accepting 'legal advice'.

DDB just bear in mind that if she does not recover in the time period the doctors have advised that she should ask for a re examination of her injury. Sometimes the exact injury does not become clear for some time and one never knows what damage could be under the surface.

well shes lost 2 days so far foot so swollen she cant get her shoe on, hospital said stay off it 7/ 10 days, perhaps I should write to the company head office explain the situation and see what they come back with?

I would agree that a letter to them initially would be the best course of action.

With respect, I would have to disagree.

As I said above, compensation for the injury alone would be low, however depending on the impact this had on the claimant's life, the damages could vary by quite a large amount.

I broke my arm due to a building companies negligence once. The punitive damages (i.e. those over and above direct financial loss) that I received were minimal.