GE Money Repossession Hearing

johnny150

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4115 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks,

We have a secured loan with GE money, 40k odd over 180 months. Both my partner and I have been struggling with getting work in this year and we have had some arrears, got up to date, then fell behind again.

GE took the issue to court in Sept for possession, and the possession claim was adjourned with 'liberty to restore' We have arrears again this month but we could possibly pay in full in the next 2 weeks.

We have just received new court documents for a hearing early December, because the arrears are £2,200

If we pay the arrears in full in the next 2 weeks, (we may be able to do this) set up a direct debit to pay the future payments on time, what is the likely outcome of a court hearing? Can they still press for possession if you are up to date?

If anyone can help it would be really appreciated. Really worried. Thanks

John.

If there are no arrears on the account then there can be no claim for possession and they would have to cancel the hearing. If you need help with a letter to them offering payment please let me know and I will draft one for you.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Thanks very much for your help Ell-en, it makes sense, but its not what they have you believe when you call them up.

Anyway hopefully I will pay the arrears off in the next couple of weeks.

If I can't then I may take up your kind offer of assistance with a letter to offer to pay off in installments.

Thanks again

Johnny150