andydd

N150 Allocation Questionnaire Help Needed

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3578 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Folks.

My situation is Is I started a claim to get money refund, the amount was £400, so following the small claim track, so I thought.

The defendant has counterclaimed an amount of £2000.

I have received a N150 AQ from the court to file with the sum of £200.

Is this correct ?, surely as my claim is under £1500 there is no AQ fee payable (or only £35).

But does the defendant have to pay £200 to file his AQ as his (counter)claim is over £1500. ?

Or do we both pay £200 ?

I'm reading Section 'H - Fee' of the AQ now and it states "An allocation fee is payable if your claim or counterclaim exceeds £1500" (now my claim does not exceed £1500).

The defendant will prob answer different as his counterclaim is over £1500 and thus will have to pay a fee (£200).

Any help would be gratefully recieved, the case is about the overpayment of service charges (an LVT has already decided in my favour).

Andy

Hi Andy,

I think you're right and your AQ and any other court fees are set according to the amount YOU are claiming.

Speak to the court to clarify but, with your claim for only £400, there should be no AQ fee payable.

8-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)