Life policy please help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4912 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Everyone,

I need to write a letter for my neighbour she has a life insurance policy which is on her name solely and would like for her son on her death to be able to claim the money for her. Can someone please advise me the best way to draft the letter to the insurance company.

Many thanks in advance.

helen

Hello Helen. Can you tell us what sort of policy it is please? Depending on the type, it may be a bit more complicated than just writing to the insurance company, but what your neighbour wants is usually possible.

If you're not sure about the policy, please post again and I'll try to help.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hello Helen. Can you tell us what sort of policy it is please? Depending on the type, it may be a bit more complicated than just writing to the insurance company, but what your neighbour wants is usually possible.

If you're not sure about the policy, please post again and I'll try to help.

HB

Many thanks for your reply much appreciated it's an Over 50s Life Cover Plan I help her to set this insurance but now she wants me to write another letter to instruct the Insurers that she wants her son to be able to claim the money on her death. This insurance is to help with her funeral sorry to sound morbid but we are trying to sort everything out now whilst she can still sign letters.

If anyone else can help also it would be great.

Many thanks in advance

helen

Hello. Don't just write a letter instructing them, it may not be how they work. Unless you can find something in the policy documentation that says they will accept a letter.

I think the best thing would be to ring the insurance company [or whoever set it up] and ask who it's payable to at the moment, unless you can find that in the paperwork from when you set up the policy, either the proposal form or the policy document.

If it isn't your brother who would be paid, ask the insurance company if they can make him the beneficiary or payee and what paperwork you would need. They should be able to send you a form or tell you what to write.

You haven't said why you are keen to do this while your Mum can still sign. Have you looked into anything like and Enduring Power of Attorney [EPA]?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hello. Don't just write a letter instructing them, it may not be how they work. Unless you can find something in the policy documentation that says they will accept a letter.

I think the best thing would be to ring the insurance company [or whoever set it up] and ask who it's payable to at the moment, unless you can find that in the paperwork from when you set up the policy, either the proposal form or the policy document.

If it isn't your brother who would be paid, ask the insurance company if they can make him the beneficiary or payee and what paperwork you would need. They should be able to send you a form or tell you what to write.

You haven't said why you are keen to do this while your Mum can still sign. Have you looked into anything like and Enduring Power of Attorney [EPA]?

HB

Thanks HB for your time and advice it's not for my mother it's my neighbour my friend's mother i've mentioned about her a while ago when her mother went into a home. I thought about it more carefully and decided I will ring the Insurance Company on Monday and tell them what my neighbour wishes are I am sure the Insurance company would have a certain form that need filling in it's better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks

helen :)