Consumer Credit and Personal Insolvency: call for evidence

Jasper1965

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4123 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The government is running a two month call for evidence into the consumer credit market. Consumers are invited to contact the Department for Business Innovation and Skills with their experiences and suggestions on how this industry might be more fairly regulated.

Open date: 15 Oct 2010

Closing date: 10 Dec 2010

This call for evidence invites people to have a say on how the existing consumer credit and personal insolvency regimes might be improved and seeks views on a number of Coalition commitments, including:

• tackling unfair bank charges;
  • introducing a seven-day cooling off period for store cards;
  • introducing a power for a regulator to cap interest rates on credit and store cards; and
  • requiring credit card providers to make electronic statements available to enable consumers to judge whether an alternative credit card would provide better value for money.

Download the consultation

Respond to this consultation

Email us:

[email protected]

Write to us:

Peter LovittConsumer and Competition Policy

Department for Business, Innovation and Skills

1 Victoria Street

London

SW1H 0ET

Please make the effort to write in if there's anything about the consumer credit industry you feel could do with some erm..... improvement.:roll:

Edited by Jasper1965

As of 03/03/12 please do not under any circumstances wait for my further input or guidance on any current thread or defence of a court claim I might have been involved in on or through Cag.

Jasper1965

Close the whole rotten industry down :)

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)