style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3581 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am just about to move into Social Housing for the first time in my life.....a combination of redundancy and a drastically lowered income has led to the inevitable house repossession.

As this also involves a separation from my wife....i will be leaving with virtually nothing.

I need a cooker, fridge, freezer, washing machine etc....and have no way of buying these outright....and my credit is shot to pieces so now chance of hp from a high st store.

So, when i found Brighthouse i thought my problems had been solved.....a way to obtain what i needed for an affordable weekly payment.

But then i found these forums....and read the horror stories.....now i am really dubious about dealing with Brighthouse.....but with no other way of obtaining these items, what the hell i am supposed to do?

I am left hoping that as long as i make the payments there will be no hassle from them.....

Hi padfoot

I think it might be an idea to contact the local council, see if there are any schemes operating which enable you to purchase appliances at a discounted rate. I'm sure most councils know of or operate such a scheme.

Join freecycle. Ours often has cookers, freezers, fridges,tvs, washing machines, etc.

We have so many tvs that the one we threw out ended up on the skip, not one reply.