HFO Services

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4755 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Called BC and they told me that the debt had been sold to HFO services in 2007, hence the default date of 2007 that HFO put on the account. They wouldn't tell me when I last made a payment or acknowledged the account as I would have to go through HFO. I told them that I had sent a SAR and they said that I'd have to just wait for that.

Me thinks Barclaycard are saying what HFO tell them, as far as I am aware they have never sold to Services, the SAR will reveal all.

Did you ask for in writing.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent the SAR letter on Monday so I guess I just have to wait for that to come through. I'm pretty sure she said HFO 'Services' because I knew that it said 'Capital' in the letter. But I might be wrong.

The default date on the experian report is obviously dodgy. Like I said before, I wasn't living in this country for that entire year and they also got my date of birth wrong.

Morning

Allow 12 plus 2 working days and then send the following lettter, give them the alotted time as there is no point in sending this too soon. Have you checked if the letter has been delivered?

Link to Account in Dispute letter

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?436-Failiure-to-provide-a-copy-of-the-agreement-within-the-prescribed-timescale

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

• 2 weeks later...

Still no word from HFO so I'm gonna send the account in dispute letter.

Got a letter from BCW in reply to my statute barred letter which was interesting. They confirmed that the last default date was April 2005 but said that it wasn't statute barred according to the 1980 law.

They seem to be ignoring the fact that we are both based in Scotland and so come under the 1973 Scottish law that states the debt becomes unlawful to recover after 5 years so I'm going to send them another letter to confirm this.

Hi

Get the account in dispute letter off - recorded, HFO should not contact you again unless they can come up with an agreement, let us know if they send anything.

Await SAR, this should tell you the last payment date - if it 5 years ago, stat barred. This should also tell you exactly who this debt was sold to.

donate

That was a quick response to the SAR! Have they said if everything has been sent and is there more to come - it would be worth ringing them again and ask why there is no details of the assignment to HFO and that you require this in writing.

donate

Sent off the account in dispute letter and also received the SAR letter today.

My last payment to Barclaycard was Feb 2006 and it doesn't state who the debt was sold to.

The SAR should contain lots of documents, not just one letter, can you post up their reply.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

Not a complete SAR you need to ask them to send everything else.

It may be worth ringing them and asking if this is all they have. They did tell you about the assignment oveer the phone so you want to ask them again for this in writing.

Did they send any agreements, default notices etc?

The last payment date is good news though.

Edited by coledog

donate

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, sorry for the lack of updates but there hadn't been much to report until now...

I finally got all of the correspondence via the SAR from Barclaycard which still had no details about who they sold the debt on to.

Last night I had a missed call from Roger Mills at HFO. And then today I received a copy of the credit agreement from Barclaycard along with a letter stating that I now owed them (Barclaycard) the full outstanding balance on the account.

I just had a look through it there and because it was photocopied I assumed that it was the original one that I signed with them but it's not. It's just a basic rundown of the terms and conditions under the 1974 CCA.

Oddly on the front of it, after stating my name and address it says this:

"YOUR RIGHT TO CANCEL: Once you have signed this agreement, you will have for a short time a right to cancel it. Exact details of how and when you can do this will be sent to you by post by us."